Hotels in the 5th arr. of Paris

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in the 5th arr. of Paris

Hi! I am in need of a hotel in the 5th for one night only. I have an apartment for 8 days as opposed to the 9 I had requested because the owner realized that she had double booked. I have e-mailed a couple of places and learned they are full and a couple have not responded. I leave for my trip in one week and would like to have this arranged prior to my arrival. Any suggestions. I'll be staying near the Les Gobelins metro and would like to stay close by.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Jean
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:36 PM
ira

Hi,<BR> Try http://www.cosy-hotels.com/. They have hotels in the 5th.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:44 PM
ira

Hi Pumpkin,<BR> I just thought that if you don't mind moving over to the 6th the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 rue bonaparte is a very nice place. My wife and I always stay there in Paris. 100E/dbl
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Ira,<BR><BR>Thanks for the information. Do you have a web address for Hotel Bonaparte? I couldn't find it on the web site you mentioned nor could I find it through a Google search. I would appreciate more info re: your suggested hotel.<BR><BR>Merci
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 06:28 PM

Pumkin, Hotel Bonaparte does not have a website.I have the fax number:<BR>33-1-46-33-57-67.. I have a reservation for july...check fodors for a description of the hotel.. I never been there but many people here recommend it..good Luck<BR>kismet
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 06:58 PM

The parishotels.com site allows you to search for availability by dates and lists many good hotels in the 5th and 6th. Since it is only for one night, this might be the way to narrow down your choices to places that can actually accomodate you for the night you need.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:10 PM

Here's my favorite in the 5th:<BR>HOTEL DEGRES DE NOTRE DAME<BR>There's no website for the hotel but you can call or fax Nichole, who speaks fluent English.<BR>ph#: 011 33 1 55 42 88 88<BR>fx#: 011 33 1 40 46 95 34<BR><BR>Here's some websites to get info:<BR>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/travel/features/parishotels041899.htm<BR>&quot;Well-heeled couples, especially if they have a child in tow, should consider Degres de Notre Dame (10 Rue des Grands Degres in the 5th, 011-331-55-42-88-88, fax 011-331-40-46-95-34), a freshly renovated, 10-room hotel on one of the quietest and most appealing corners in a neighborhood often overrun with tourists. Rooms run between $85 for a tiny single to $111; add $22 if you are a threesome. Breakfast is free and can be consumed in your room or at the adjoining restaurant--perhaps on the terrace. Rooms are larger than average; No. 61, on the top floor, has a view of the cathedral. Note: Visa is the only credit card accepted.&quot;<BR><BR>http://www.bltproductions.com/paristrip/<BR><BR>http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d239649-Reviews-Les_Degres_de_Notre_Dame-Paris_Ile_de_France.html<BR>
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:17 PM

For just one night, I really would just choose the closest acceptable hotel. A couple I've seen reviewed well in several places are La Manufacture on av des Goblins (closer to place d'Italie metro than Gobelins, however):<BR>http://www.parisby.com/manufacture/<BR><BR>and Hotel du Vert Galant on rue Croulebarbe which is closer to the Gobelins metro (recommended in several places, including Frommers and Cheap Sleeps). YOu can find its info on this web site, which lists most hotel choices in the 13th with links:<BR><BR>http://www.gaf.tm.fr/en/france/lodging/parisiledefrance/paris/paris13.php<BR><BR>If I were you, I'd just pick something decent looking from there (I would choose le Vert Galant from what I've read) for one night -- maybe something within a short walk from your apartment. Why spend the money and time to transfer all away to the corner of St Germain for one night.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:26 AM
ira

Hi Pumpkin and kismetchimera,<BR> At http://www.voila.fr/PJ/ you can look up the hotel and get a picture and a map of the area along with phone and fax numbers.<BR> The Bonaparte doesn't have a web site. Madame says they have enough business.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:11 AM

merci Bien Ira!!!
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:30 AM

I realized I was thinking you were staying in the 13th because you said Gobelins metro, but it sounds like you may be staying just north of the border in the 5th?<BR><BR>If so, there are a couple decent budget hotels closer to that spot. I still would just find the closest hotel. In fact, I'm doing the exact same thing quite near you because I have an apt rental for June/July near Censier metro and need a hotel for my last night before departure. I booked the 2* Libertel Maxim for only about 75 euro which is within a block of my apt. It looked pretty nice on their web site and they have been very nice and responsive to my email. That is on www.libertel-hotels.com (it gives email).<BR><BR>If you are just off bd St-Marcel, I'd suggest Hotel de l'Esperance www.hoteldelesperance, a 2* which is recommended a lot as a charming budget hotel--it's at 15 rue Pascal, one block over from av des Gobelins. <BR><BR>Also, there is the 2* Hotel Carofftel at 18 ave des Gobelins (77 euro dbl, www.hotels.fr) and the 2* Hotel de France at 108 rue Monge for about 80 euro (see www.france-hotel-guide.com).<BR><BR>The only 3* hotel near there is the Grand Hotel des Gobelins at the corner of bd St-Marcel and rue Scipion (www.otedis.com). It doesn't look like anything special in comparison to the 2* choices.<BR><BR>If you want real cheap, the 1* Hotel Port Royal is right around the corner on bd de Port Royal. It is also reviewed quite highly for its level in various publications (like Cheap Sleeps in Paris).<BR><BR>If you need info, phone, you can get them on www.paris-touristoffice.com (best) or www.paris.org/Hotels. One advantage of staying around your apt is those hotels are much more likely to have a free room than the more wellknown ones in the prime areas.