Hotels In Paris during July

May 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Hotels In Paris during July

Looking for recommendations for Paris hotels. I would like to stay below $350.00/night is possible. I am taking the entire family (parents and 1 teenage girl) and they like upscale. Since we have never been to France, would like to stay at a hotel that is centrally located (if possible) and will provide us with lots of memories. Any suggestions?
May 22nd, 2006, 10:54 AM

Do you want a tripe room or two separate rooms?
May 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM

Well, no, you probably don't want a tripe room--but what about a tripLe?
May 22nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

probably go with two separate rooms unless anyone has a better idea. Is $350/night too cheap for a good hotel? I heard that staying in the 1st district is probably the best. Is this true?
May 22nd, 2006, 06:41 PM

Not sure what you wold classify as upscale. If you are looking for any sort of "name" hotel in Paris I doubt you would get any sort of room for less than $500 per night. If you are looking for something quaint and charming that should cover 2 rooms - but make sure the hotel has AC (many in Paris don;t)
May 22nd, 2006, 07:28 PM

..You mentioned taking the entire family..are you talking about 3 people or4, 5 (parents and teenage girl). If you are looking for 2 rooms it certainly won't be upscale. Have you considered an appt? It is an idea though I am not sure a good one for a first time visit. Again AC is a big issue and whether the electricity paid for is also part of the equation. I have never thought upscale was an issue in a "city trip" as most of your time will be spent outside the hotel. If you can get your family to agree a 2* central arr (1-8) will probably be about 120-140 E with 3* 140-180 per room.
May 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM

Maybe you do need to be a little clearer as to what you expect. It sounds like four adults plus teenage girl, in which case you would have to get two rooms. So $350 for two rooms ( is that a double and triple?) is not going to get you anything upscale, if you mean 4* or better, in the central expensive quarters. You can probably get a decent 3* hotel for that rate, but not in the most expensive areas or the upscale 3* hotels. For example, I know lots of folks like the Hotel Madison in St Germain, which is a nice 3*, but as I understand it, even a double room there is around 200 euro or more.

The first arrondisement is fine, but not the best, plenty of people like other areas. You might consider the 7th arrondisement, as hotels tend to be a little cheaper there, I think.

I wouldn't recommend an apt. in your case, myself. Well, maybe, but not possible in your budget for that many people at the upscale level (most won't have AC, which you'll want in July if you want upscale). Apts. for five people are not common, either.
May 23rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

There will be 3 adults and 1 teenager. I was thinking of paying $350/night per room. As for quality of rooms, I want to make sure that our experience in Paris is a good one. I don't want to pay for the 4 Seasons or Ritz. I guess that means I am looking for a 3*? Bottom Line, I guess I want the most bang for my buck, but I don't want to be too cheap about this either since it is our first trip
May 23rd, 2006, 10:03 AM

You should try the Relais Christine on Rue Christine (Left Bank, 6th arr.) or Hotel du Petit Moulin(in Marais) www.hoteldupetitmoulin.com it was designed by Christian LaCroix so it's a little crazy but very nice with luxurious towels, sheets and Anne Semolin bath stuff and it's a quick walk to the Seine River.
May 23rd, 2006, 10:11 AM

You might also check out the top-of-the line Citadines apart'hotels, which are a cross between hotels and apartments. You'd be able to book a suite with a bedroom and a living room that converted into a bedroom. They are not as full-service, however, as hotels. Some of them are quite nice, though.
May 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM

You might want to consider the Hotel Brighton on Rue de Rivoli in the 1st. It's across the street from the Tuileries Garden, a block or so from the Louvre, Place de la Concorde, Place Vendome, the Seine, and the Musee d'Orsay is right across the river. The views are spectacular. The cost for a Tuileries Garden view room last September was, as I recall, on the order of 185 € per night.

Many people here will favor other areas of Paris (quainter, more Parisian/less touristy, etc.), but the views from Rue de Rivoli can't be beat.

You can get to a web site about the hotel at http://www.esprit-de-france.com/pres...p?lang=EN&id=7

KC
May 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone recommend the hotel Louvre Sainte Anne Opera?