Hotels in Dublin

Feb 6th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Dublin

I'm trying to decide between Fitzwilliam hotel and Brooks hotel. I'm looking for a central location but still in a quiet neighborhood.Can someone help ?
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Why those 2 hotels can I ask?

It would help to know if they were recommended to you or have v. good rates for example.

One is a 5* and the other is a 4* and are in different areas so you are not comparing like with like.
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

I did not know they are in different areas. I have read good reviews on both and they are around the same rates.
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:14 AM

They are both central, maybe 10 mins apart. I would go for the Fitzwilliam- all things being equal- but that's a personal thing. I'd prefer to be on the Green, rather than a small street.

I wouldn't say either one is in a quiet location- but what you give up for calm you gain for nice location.

If you wanted a quieter location, I'd say go for Dublin 4, either a hotel (Jurys, Herbert Park hotel, Berkley court (not spelt right), Four seasons, Bewleys hotel- a bargain IMHO) or a swanky B&B (not a cheap option but charming). A short bus ride or Dart into town.

Dublin is small and you can walk everywhere, but you will have sore feet It's great. If I had a choice and the money, I#d stay centrally with the associated down side.

Feb 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM

I stayed at Brooks a few years back and it was lovely. Great location. Have fun.
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
lawchick

Fitzwilliam.

Get a room high up - great view over Stephens green. The rooms on the top floor have great terraces.

Feb 8th, 2007, 01:20 AM

They are both nice places. I think brooks is possibly quieter and I feel its cosy on a non descript looking side street. I like to go to the Fitzwilliam for a treat once in a while for a cocktail.
Feb 8th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

I thank you all for your help. I've just booked the Brooks and I'm very excited about it !