Hotels in Berlin

Search

Hotels in Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Berlin

Can anyone please suggest hotels in Berlin AND Munich. 4-5 star, please.
Thanks.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 02:26 PM

One of my favorite 5* hotel in all of Europe is the Brandenburger Hof in Berlin. It is a small, intimate, boutique hotel of the "Relais & Chateaux" group. It is in an excellent location within walking distance of the Zoo Bahnhof and 1 block from the U-Bahn. Its Quadriga restaurant is one of the best in Berlin. Several years ago while being rained out of our afternoon excursions we stayed in our room overlooking the covered courtyard. Before long a string quartet and some singers began practicing for a performance at the Komikoper. We ordered up a bottle of wine and had the most romantic rainy afternoon imaginable. Check it out at "www.brandenberger-hof.com". Have a wonderful time in Berlin and Munich!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 03:10 PM
DMG

I thought the Four Seasons Berlin was one of the finest hotels that I ever stayed in. We had a beautiful corner room and the service was excellent, especially the concierge desk. Wee located.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 05:43 PM

I have just returned from Berlin and we stayed at the Kempinski Bristol. What I love about this hotel, even more than the excellent service and amazing breakfast buffet (expensive), is the location in the heart of the Kurfurstendamm. You walk out the door and you are THERE! The hotel is wonderfully quiet though, because of the double double glazed windows. The Brandenburger Hof is wonderful, but it has no air conditioning, so can get noisy and hot. The Four Seasons is in a class all by itself, but when I was there last month, the whole street was under construction and I had to climb over the rubble to get to the front door. Otherwise the neighborhood is very quiet. E. Berlin is a work in progress. The old buildings are very beautiful, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Intrepid

It seems to be a northern European way of thinking, reminiscent of U.S. thinking not so many years ago, that "air conditioning" was only valid for the colder months, i.e., heat. There have been numerous times when I was staying in Berlin and was glad to have air conditioning in a perhpas not so terribly hot Summer but certainly a humid and muggy one. Folks always say that star ratings are based on the inclusion/exclusion of various "amenities." Being uncomfortable at night does nothing to endear me to a property, regardless. But, as always, it is a matter of what is most meaningful to the individual traveling. Enjoy Berlin, and, I guess, hope that it stays cool.

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:54 AM

I'm with you, Intrepid. I can't imagine staying in a city during the summertime without a/c. The noise alone would keep me awake, but also the light pouring in due to the fact that we have to keep the drapes open for fresh air. I have been to Berlin when it was 92 degrees. no matter how lovely the hotel, if I can't sleep at night, I am unable to appreciate its charms!