Hotels in Berlin?

Search

Hotels in Berlin?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Berlin?

I've searched the site and haven't found much on Berlin hotels. Any recent experiences to share? My husband and I are traveling to Berlin in June and would like help on finding a hotel. Anyone stay at the Sorat Art'otel? Is the area by the Zoo the best place to stay?
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 03:47 AM

We stayed at the Art'otel - Berlin-Mitte and loved it. The front facade is stark and modern and the back facade is the original old Roccoco architecture of the original mansion. The back is facing the canal with a floating restaurant. The subway is just a few steps away. The inclusive buffet breakfast was fabulous and there is a great "Gasthouse" downstairs for meals and drinks. Furnishings are modern and minimalistic. Not as fancy, I think, as the one you mentioned but probably much cheaper too. It is within walking distance to the museum district.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 07:58 AM

We will stay in June for the second time at Hecker's Hotel right off K'dam. It is a great location, a wonderful small hotel, and has a super friendly, helpful young staff. The adjoining restaurant (which I believe is a separate venture) is simply wonderful, and the breakfast buffet utilizes much from that restaurant. Wonderful fresh tomato mozzerella salad for example, and plentiful dishes not normally associated with breakfast, plus all the usual stuff. Really nice.<BR>www.heckers-hotel.com
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
KCM

Hi. My husband and I were in Berlin two weeks ago and stayed at the Steingenberger. It's located just off the Ku'dam and is a very nice hotel in a good location. I had hoped to stay in any of the hotels mentioned on this site, but couldn't get a double bed on the days we were in town. Although I do highly rec. this hotel, now having been there, I would have preferred to stay in Mitte. Have a great trip.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 05:15 PM

Hi Steph,<BR>I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Potsdamer Platz for 5 days in January. It's an amazing hotel and you can't beat the location. You can get a reasonable rate on the Hyatt website.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:59 AM

I´m German and stay in Berlin at least three to four times a year. I think the area by the zoo is definitely NOT the best place to stay in Berlin. I would highly recommend the eastern part of the city! Stay at the Potsdamer Platz area. The Grand Hyatt (ask for a room with a view of the Marlene Dietrich Platz!) is a good choice, or if you are on a budget try the Madison Hotel Potsdamer Platz (with small kitchen). My favourite area is the Gendarmen Markt. Try the Four Seasons (ask for a corner suite with a view of the Gendarmen Markt), or if you are on a budget Hotel Gendarm (very small and reasonably priced). Don´t stay at the Ku´damm area, the eastern part is soooo much nicer!
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies. Unfortunatley, we're going during a holiday weekend, so availability is low and prices are high. I want to try and stay east of the zoo/ku'dumm area (in Mitte), but many of the moderate places have booked up. Here's some of the places in our price range that have availability. If anyone's been to any of these places your feedback would be much appreicated!<BR><BR>Hotel Allegra<BR>Hotel Delta Berlin<BR>Das Hotel Antares<BR>Hotel M&auml;rkischer Hof<BR>west side:<BR>Hotel Carmer<BR>Hotel Astoria<BR>Berliner Hof Hotel <BR>Hotel Remter<BR>Hotel Hansablick
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:02 AM

My wife and I stayed at Pension Peters<BR>in Zoo area. Very nice room- large with<BR>large bath and shower. Check it on line. <BR>
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Bootman4U

Have you considered the Best Western Hotel President? Literally right around the corner (two blocks) from the Ka-Da-We Dept store and about 15 minutes walking from the Zoo station. Have stayed there numerous times in the club rooms..clean, comfortable, great on-site restaurant

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:33 AM

We'll be in Berlin in May and<BR>are going to stay in the<BR>Quality Imperial. We booked it<BR>via a German website: www.hotel.de<BR>and they had a really good deal.<BR>4 nights for the price of 3,<BR>plus breakfast, citymap and they<BR>have a heated pool. It's only<BR>61 Euros per night. Good Luck and<BR>lots of fun in Berlin.