Search

Berlin Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berlin Hotels

Please provide your first-hand knowledge and recommendations of 4 or 5 star hotels in Berlin. I am contemplating a 4-5 day stay in a complete tourist mode. Price is not a dominating factor but serenity is. Gradyghost
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM

We Stayed at the Movenpick Berlin at the end of Sept. It is near Annhalter Bahnhof, with walking distance to Pottsdamer plotz. It's a 4**** hotel. Very contemporary designed by Phillipe Starck from the old Siemons bldg. Good central location, walked to Brandenburg gate and other sights. The breakfast buffet was excellent and very big. we called the Movenpick 800# in the US and made our reservations. When we arrived, we were upgraded at no cost to a Jr. Suite. very quiet and a quiet location. Very good, helpful staff. we stayed at a Movenpick in Zurich and when we saw they had one in Berlin we decided to stay there. Very good chain. Check it out on tripadvisor.com and their own website. The cost was very reasonable too.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
hsv

I would also look closely into the Grand Hyatt on Potsdamer Platz (gorgeous facilities) and the Radisson SAS facing the Museum Island and Berlin Dome in Mitte.
Both are modern design hotels. The Radisson can often be booked at bargain prices, if one books well in advance.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:45 PM
hsv

Forgot: The Grand Hyatt would be 5 star, whereas the Radisson is rather a 4 star.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 10:56 PM
DAX

I'm big on Madison Hotel at the Potsdamer Platz (all suites). Very private, full service executive suites, the restaurant has a star chef, and they can pre-arrange many things such as bike rentals, wide selection of daily newspapers, and even shop the supermarket for your kitchen prior to arrival. The management suite or the grand suite is preferable for longer stays. You can book it through www.designhotels.com. Great service and high tech amenities including surround sound speakers throughout the suite. It's right across the street from the Sony Center. The S & U bahn Potsdamer Platz stations are steps away and the double decker public busses also stop in front of the hotel.

They have a sister hotel on Friedrichstrasse that I haven't been to. It is supposedly very different and not as good.

I've stayed at the Berlin Grand Hyatt a few times and liked it as well, but I still prefer the Madison because I get a full suite with kitchen, dining and sitting areas instead of a hotel room for the same price. One big plus for the Hyatt is the nice club lounge & rooftop pool.

Old Dec 10th, 2005, 02:58 AM

Mine isn't first-hand knowledge but have you considered the Adlon? From what I've always heard that's one of Berlin's top hotels and it's in a perfect location for a stay in Berlin.