Notices

Hotel with Eiffel Balcony view

Old Mar 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel with Eiffel Balcony view

Is this possible with a budget of Euro 100 per night? Can you please recommend? Or can you recommend a good family hotel for the same price in a safe area of Paris as we are first timers (group of 5). Any input will be greatly appreciated. thank you
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM

Hi

Forget it! When are you going? Have you thought about an apartment for 5. Would give you far more value. And maybe, just maybe, your criteria would be met
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM

I would suggest that any decent hotel with a family room for 5 would be hard enough to find - and possibly impossible at 100 euros.

Expecting some sort of view for that amount is close to madness.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

I wasn't referring to a family room of 5 but two double rooms (probably one with an extra bed) for Euro 100 each double room plus whatever for the extra bed charge...sorry that wasnt clear...
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Not a chance for that price and a view of the Eiffel Tower.If you are thinking of going anytime in the next 6 months then I hope that you can get something ASAP.For a reasonable hotel and one that I think is a great deal and in a great area for walking and within two metro stops-Hotel MONGE. There is a grocery store across the street and just down the street on Cardinal Liemone(sp?) is the Rue Mouffatard(sp?) which has alot of fun little shops,great priced restaurants,etc. Check the hotel out on tripadvisor and here-everyone loves it and the price.It was about 89 euros for two with breakfast last year.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM

well--actually I may have your answer! We have stayed on this very small street called rue Amelie twice. While there is not a view from the room, walk to the corner of the block and voila, there it is!! (and maybe only 2 blocks away). right near a metro station and the rue Cler, the big market street so cheese/fruits/wines etc etc available everyday! there are three hotels that I remember(we have stayed at two of them) on this street. the jardin d'eiffel. the hotel d'amelie(this is probably the most no frills aka cheapest) and the eiffel Park(now a best western i think). anyway, terrific location!! enjoy! and buy a museum pass, the carte musee! gets you into approx 100 sites/museums with no wait,etc.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 03:22 AM

The Best Western Trocadero in the 16th often runs specials that are under 100€ per night. I spent some time there in December and had a terrific view of the Eiffel Tower from my room. Not a just a glimpse of the top of the tower, but the whole thing. I paid 90€ for my room, which was a double, compact but not tiny, comfortable, well-laid out.

The BWT is a 30-second walk from the Trocadero metro stop, there are several cafes and restaurants very close by, plus the wonderful artisanal boulangerie Lesk up the street, which offers terrific breakfast deals.

So I don't think it's true that there's "not a chance" of getting ET views in that price range.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
BTilke: Did you get a special rate? The Best Western website says the Au Trocadero runs from €130 single.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 06:42 AM

I did not book via the BW site...I booked with www.hotels.de. I've had trouble booking the BW site, it's timed out on several occasions. Plus I found that hotels.de often gave me better rates than the BW site.

The rate I paid was for a single or double with Eiffel Tower view.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM

His stay was also in DECEMBER!
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM

It's "her" stay, dutyfree, and I found roughly the same rates for stays in April, July, and November of last year. I travel to Paris fairly frequently and as this hotel is in my favorite neighborhood, I always check its rates. However, when I can get good rates at the Sofitel up the street (now part of the Starwood family) or nearby (the Hotel Baltimore), then I usually stay there instead--those hotels are never under 100 euro, of course, but I can usually find deep discounts off the rack rates.
The BW site just doesn't give the best rates for its hotels almost anywhere, we've found. We got better rates at several other Best Westerns in Europe through hotels.de. Example: BW in Detmold for 60€; the BW site's "best rate" for the same room type on the same dates was 92€.

And dutyfree, why did you feel the need to SHOUT!!???
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM

December isn't a particularly expensive hotel period at all (in fact, there are occasional discounts) during the first week or two. Of course, the rates are about the highest of the year during the holiday season, so I do think it would be impossible if it's during that period. I guess I missed where it says what dates this stay covers.

If in early December, there are definitely hotels with doubles for 100 euro. How about the Hotel de France in the 7th not too far from the Tower (although I know it won't have a view of it).
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

thank you for the input ... !
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Hi, fourgypsies8

Here are two hotels well within your budget. We have stayed at both and some rooms do have a view of the Eiffel Tower (no balconies though). Keep in mind that you will only be able to see the top of the Eiffel, but we were absolutely thrilled with the view (especially at night when the Eiffel sparkles)

Hotel Royal Phare - double 79 euros
Hotel du Champ de Mars - double 90 euros (fills up quickly, reserve ASAP)

Hotel du Champ de Mars has more character, but both of these two star hotels are basic, but perfectly acceptable. Both are also in the 7th near the popular pedestrian street Rue Cler.

Enjoy your first trip to Paris!!