Search

Hotel Suggestions in Lille with a toddler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2009, 11:35 AM
BKP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Suggestions in Lille with a toddler

We're stopping in Lille as we drive down to Germany. We'll have my in laws and our 3 year old with us. We're thinking that my husband will visit the zoo while I visit the Musee des Beaux Arts the day we arrive and the Marche de Wazemmes to stock up with fun food as we drive out the next morning. We only have about 24 hours so we can't see too much. How does this sound? Now we're in the process of narrowing down a location for the hotel. Any suggestions? We'd like to be close to the sites that I mentioned and to some interesting neighborhoods that we can explore in the evening for a casual dinner. Oh -- and if at all possible, we'd like to spend less than 100 EUR! Hope that's not too much to ask!
Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I was really happy with the Ibis Lille Opéra, in the dead center of town next to the pedestrian zone. It is an old hotel refitted with modern conveniences.

Parking was at the public Opéra car park a block away, but you can stop in front of the hotel for unloading and such.

I also stayed at the Mercure Opéra once and liked it, too, but the rate is somewhat higher.

You can see both of them on the www.accorhotels.com site.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 12:32 PM
BKP
Original Poster

kerouac -- on that site there isn't a listing for an Ibis Lille Opera -- but there is one for Mercure Lille Centre Opera. Is that where you stayed? It does look really central but a little bit more than we want to pay. Having spent time in Lille, do you think we should up our budget so we can stay in the city center or can we skimp a little and still be okay? We were hoping to save more of our budget for Germany, which is the focus of this trip -- and some shopping which is the focus of most trips!
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Hôtel Ibis Lille Opéra
21, rue Lepelletier - 59000 - LILLE

Maybe it didn't show up because it is fully booked on the date that interest you.

If you stay at the Hôtel Ibis Lille Centre Gares
29, av Charles Saint-Venant Le Forum - 59000 - LILLE

it is only a couple hundred meters away from the center and a super simple walk. But this one was built as a modern cookie-cutter Ibis hotel and does not have the same charm as the other one.
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
BKP
Original Poster

Of course! It is fully booked for our night, as is the Ibis Lille Centre Gares. Hmmm . . . back to the drawing board for us then -- thank you for your help!