Hotel suggestions in Brugge and Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are winding down our hotels and are having trouble deciding on hotels, especially in Brugge. We are looking at the Jan Brito or the Navarra. In Paris it is looking like the Hotel Chateau Frontenac. We have stayed pretty close to our budget so far and dont want to blow it away in Brugge and Paris (but it is probably inevitable). We are traveling with our daughter (less then 2 years old). Any one have a great experiance at a specific hotel in Brugge and Paris that we should also consider?Thanks......
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:15 AM
ira

Hi T,

>We have stayed pretty close to our budget so far and dont want to blow it away in Brugge and Paris ...

What is your budget?

The Frontenac is about 200- 300E/night.

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:48 AM

tucsonan,

Last October we enjoyed a three-day stay at Hotel Aragon in Brugges.

The location is very central, and close to the market square.

We were upgraded to one of the "Holiday Flats" which had a nice kitchen, bedroom, and living-dining room with foldout sofa. It would be very nice for a family.

http://www.aragon.be/info/index.html

Have a wonderful trip.

Byrd

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 05:18 AM

we stayed at the hotel bryghia in brugge - quite nice, very convenient to the main square. parking across the street if you need it. right on a canal, etc. quiet, nice owners, good breakfast.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM

In Brugges I would strongly suggest the Hotel Prisenhof - a wonderful hotel owned and operated by an excellent young couple. We loved this hotel. It is well located and the rooms are superb.

http://www.prinsenhof.be/
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

We tried to stay in the less than $200 a night range and came pretty close. We decided on staying at the Flanders Hotel in Bruges and the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel in Paris. Prices seemed reasonable and the reviews Ive read were pretty good.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
We also stayed at the Prinsehof last year and it was great.

I think it's above 200 per night. Room was small but hotel was very nice and in a good location. A couple of minutes walk from the square.

Old Apr 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM

We stayed at the Pand Romantik hotel b & b with our 8 month old. This hotel is beautiful with a central location. You can walk to everything.
www.pandhotel.com
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM

I stayed in the Hotel 't Zand on the pedestrian square in Brugge. The hotel has been recently renovated and it very nice. We paid 60 euro for single rooms. Have a fun trip!
Here's the URL:

www.hotel-boudewijn1.be/
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM

We loved the Absoluut Verhulst b and b in Brugge...I am pretty sure they accomodate families...they are parents and grandparents themselves. We were there 2 summers ago and there was a family of 3 generations there at the time. The cost is reasonable, the hosts are magnificent, the breakfasts the best...check out their website...http://www.b-bverhulst.com/
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 02:11 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Flanders in Oct 2005 and our room was close to 150E per night. The room was very plain and generic--no charm whatsoever. They had a great breakfast buffet and a tiny pool--those were the pluses. When I return to Bruges I will select another hotel. There have been many good ones recommended by Fodorites and most are less in cost or about the same and look better.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Would a bed and breakfast in Brugge be OK? Search for the Absoluut Verhulst here or over at tripadvisor.com -- we stayed there in May 2006. This was the nicest B&B we have ever stayed in. Ten minute walk from the square, delightful host and hostess owner, beautiful home, terrific made to order breakfast with china place settings, etc.

We paid 80 euro dollars --- the best value, and a terrific location, and a first class home run by very friendly retirees who speak great English --- non smoking facility, can't be beat! Feel free to send me an email if you want more info.

Dave
dwzemens AT comcast DOT net
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Bruges has lots of good hotels, so if your first choice is full, you'll probably find something else just as nice.
We usually stay at the Sofitel because we like the location on the "other" side of tZand with its proximity to Smedenstraat, which has lots of nice little restaurants and shops that cater more to the locals. But we also stay there for points since we stay at a lot of Sofitels in Europe and the U.S.
Of B&Bs, Number 11 is one of the prettiest.
www.number11.be

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Ditto the B&B thoughts. We had the best possible experiences at several during our recent journey to Belgium, but I must say, THE CONTRAST, in BRUGGE, was extraordinary.

The house faces a canal, just a five-seven minute walk from the heart of the village.

It is quite unusual, as name implies, with ultra contemporary new housing for guests at the rear of the back courtyard. The beds were the most comfortable we've had and our Cathy & Dries hosts were simply extraordinary. Food was to die for (a 15 out of 10 rating) and they were charming, helpful and gracious to us and others who were there during our stay. Here's the link, if anyone is interested:http://www.contrastbrugge.be/
Sue
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Oops, I forgot to say, the magnificent experience at The Contrast was ONLY 80E per night for two people. We found others at that price, but this was hands down the best at that price.
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM

I also loved the Prinsenhof in Brugge. In fact, just today I was going thru my suitcase and I found the brochure from the lovely Prinsenhof and was thinking back on my idyllic stay there, great place to recover from jet lag! As an added bonus ther is a cute little Jack Russell Terrier that lives there!