Family friendly hotel in Brugge

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Helene

Family friendly hotel in Brugge

Which hotel would be more family friendly? We are traveling with our two teens in July. Was looking at the Hotel Hansa or Hotel Prinsenhof in Brugge. Didn't want to stay in a tour group hotel. Any suggestions?
Do you think they will like Brugge or will it be to quiet?

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 12:47 PM
wes fowler

Your teenagers should love Brugge if my daughter is any example. We stayed at the Ter Duinen hotel, a charming canal side hotel about a fifteen minute walk from the bell tower. We devoted six days to Brugge and then drove to Paris. After one afternoon and night in Paris, my daughter pleaded to return to Brugge! We didn't, moving on instead to an equally charming town in Switzerland.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Betsy

I heartily second Wes' recommendation of the Ter Duinen. I stayed there based on his posts on this forum and really liked it, especially the sumptious breakfasts in the beautiful breakfast room. Would definitely return. In fact, I'd love to be there right now.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Kristen

Why not consider renting a holiday flat while you're there? You don't get daily fresh linens, but you do get private baths, full kitchens, and a chance to live like a "local." We stayed for a week at Drie Koningen, and it was only a 2 minute walk to the Markt. Bonus - holiday flats tend to run a bit cheaper than hotels.

http://www.kanthuisje.com/d3kon/

You can also find a more extensive list at www.belgium.be

Brugge is a great city - there are plenty of things to see and eat...you won't be bored. In addition, the train station is an easy walk from the Markt area, and day trips to Gent, Antwerp, and even Brussels are do-able.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Katrina

To actually _answer_ your question, as between the two, the Hotel Hansa would be better. It is not a tour group hotel. It is on a quiet, one way street just two blocks from the Markt square. The rooms are immaculate, a delicious breakfast is included, and the staff are very helpful and pleasant. I think your teenagers will appreciate Brugge, but I would not stay there more than 2-3 days just in case.