Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendations in Brugges and Brussels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Tom

We will be spending three days in Brugges in September, and a like number in Brussels at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations for romantic inns or small hotels in either location?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Louise

Romantik Panhotel in Bruges.<BR><BR>I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I absolutely felt it was the loveliest hotel imaginable!<BR><BR>See for yourself at www.pandhotel.com<BR><BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:29 AM
BTilke

Tom,<BR>What's your price range? Re, Brussels, do you want to stay in the heart of town, in a residential neighborhood, or even in a small town outside the city? Will you have a car or are you taking the trains?<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Debbie

We stayed in Bruges for New Years a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Hotel De Tuilerie&euml;n. It is centrally located right on a canal and very elegant and expensive. We had a room overlooking the canal with huge paned windows that opened onto the cobblestone streets below. The room had decor such as bolster pillows to block the possible draft from the windows. Not sure however if this hotel offers rooms quite as romantic as their brochure suggests. Ours had a marble bath but was simple with amentities. Wonderful breakfasts in a marble floored dining area, indoor pool, private parking area and a cozy little library with roaring fireplace. We loved sitting in there, reading and being served coffee and Belgium chocolates on fine china and silver trays. The only downside to our room locale was that is was directly above an area traveled by horse drawn carriages until late in the evening. We heard the clip clop of horse hoofs as we were lulled off to sleep...if that is a downside. The horse drawn carriages of Bruges are the most beautiful we saw in Europe, and we lived there for four years. Bruges is a big winner for the romantics! Cozy dinners in front of roaring fireplaces in many restaurants and delicious crepes served with stroop-Have a great time! Do you happen to be military? If so, you will probably be driving. I'll let you in on a great hotel locale with reasonable prices and free car parking. (I always checked out the other possibilities during our stays.) Happy travels.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:19 PM
denise

In Brussels, you can't beat the location of LeMeridian. We loved this hotel and its location (very central). It's also convenient if you arrive/depart by train as it's right accross the street, a one minute walk!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Debbie

We stayed in Bruges for New Years a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Hotel De Tuilerie&euml;n. It is centrally located right on a canal and very elegant and expensive. We had a room overlooking the canal with huge paned windows that opened onto the cobblestone streets below. The room had decor such as bolster pillows to block the possible draft from the windows. Not sure however if this hotel offers rooms quite as romantic as their brochure suggests. Ours had a marble bath but was simple with amentities. Wonderful breakfasts in a marble floored dining area, indoor pool, private parking area and a cozy little library with roaring fireplace. We loved sitting in there, reading and being served coffee and Belgium chocolates on fine china and silver trays. The only downside to our room locale was that is was directly above an area traveled by horse drawn carriages until late in the evening. We heard the clip clop of horse hoofs as we were lulled off to sleep...if that is a downside. The horse drawn carriages of Bruges are the most beautiful we saw in Europe, and we lived there for four years. Bruges is a big winner for the romantics! Cozy dinners in front of roaring fireplaces in many restaurants and delicious crepes served with stroop-Have a great time! Do you happen to be military? If so, you will probably be driving. I'll let you in on a great hotel locale with reasonable prices and free car parking. (I always checked out the other possibilities during our stays.) Happy travels.

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Kristen

I second Le Meridien in Brussels - it's especially convenient if you'll be taking the train from Brugges to Brussels. The rooms are gorgeous and you can't beat the location. I got a phenomenal deal on a room through the internet - $115 USD (as opposed to their advertised rates of over 300 Euros) through travelnow.com.