Reload this Page >

Which hotel in Brussels is the best?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:20 AM
Dearbhla

Hotel Chelton or Hotel Beau site or Hotel Mozart?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Kerry

Hi, Thnks for your replies Bill and Joe.I should have phrased my question differently. We are basing ourselves in Brussels and doing daytrips. Bruge, one day Ghent another.We are very interested in going to Wallonia also and need to pick one. We've narrowed it down to Namur or Dinant. We will be going by train. Namur is about 60 minutes from Brussels and Dinant 90 minutes from Brussels.We love castles and beautiful scenery. They both look like great daytrips! We were wondering if one was a little better than the other. Ex.- more interesting castle, better views on the river, etc. Has anyone been to both? My husband does not want to rent a car, so daytripping it is!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:02 PM
Joe

Preferred Dinant to Namur, although the Citidal is great. More charming smaller and beaytiful area. <BR>If you enjoy a little fun, get the 16th century room at the Hotel Welcome; huge room, very large and well appointed bathroom, furnished in medieval clutter with sofas, tables, chairs, draperies everywhere, nice breakfast and 8 minutes walking to the Grand Place. What a kick and the people running it are very freindly and helpful. About $120 per night.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
Joe

Oooops! Hotel Welcome (if you haven't guessed) is in Brussels.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
JOdy

I don't know the hotels you named, but I do know the one joe mentioned...and it is a wonderful small hotel, in a quiet area, and sophie and Michel are great hosts! even if you don't stay try their restaurant on the ground floor, le truite d'Argent. But I think it is the best value for money in Brussels!<BR><BR>I assume they have finished their renovations if the 16th cen room is open!!