Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Parc St. Severin-Hairdryers in Room??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Paris in about one week (1st time!) for 4 nights. Does anyone know if the Hotel Parc St. Severin has hairdryers in all rooms? (I can't seem to find that info on any sites about the hotel)

This is the last leg of our trip and we are packing light. I'd prefer to leave my travel hairdryer at home and would rather not buy one there for just a few days. Unfortunately I can't go without one -esp. since it will not be warm enough for my hair to airdry.

Thanks!
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 08:58 AM

Their own web site (which I imagine you've seen, they are part of Esprit de France group) does not mention it so I suspect not. I think it's best to ask the hotel directly about this, as sometimes hotels change in that regard, and most folks couldn't know about every room. Last hotel I booked said they had them on their web site, but did not when I got there due to some unnamed "problems", they had removed them all, so you never know.

Many hotels without them in the room at that star level will provide them to you if you ask at the desk, though, so that's why I think you should ask them if one is available in the room or by request at the desk. You could run the risk of it not being there when you need it, but since you are really packing light, I'd find out.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 09:34 AM

We always stay there and I don't pack a hairdryer so they must have them, at least in all the rooms I've stayed in and that's probably 5 or 6 by now. But probably best to ask specifically about the room you're staying in. Just e-mail them at [email protected] (be careful on that spelling) o [email protected] Beatrice is the staff person who is there on weekends and you can count on her to answer right away. Enjoy your stay there. We love the place.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the advice. I went ahead and sent the hotel an email, but they haven't replied yet probably since it is Easter.

I hope I hear from them before we leave this Wednesday. If not, then I will have to decide whether to risk not bringing one or find a place for the travel one I have.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 03:48 PM

The room I stayed in had one, so I can't say for sure they all do, but can't imagine why they'd have them in only some. They were the attached to the wall types you often get in Europe.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 10:01 AM

We stayed there in Sept 2003 and had a hairdryer in the room.