Hotel Muguet

Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Muguet

Just returned from Paris....very expensive!! US dollar plummeting and Euro climbing. Have to join the Hotel Muguet fan club. Our triple room was super spacious with a bathroom that was so clean (and big) that you could eat off the floor...and reasonably priced to boot. The best part was the Eifle Tower lit up like a Christmas tree and twinkling every hour on the hour for ten minutes.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:56 AM
Maira

Glad to hear the Muguet still going strong. We just returned from Paris as well, but this time stayed at the Best Western Left Bank. Loved the hotel and highly recommend their first floor family room (spacious, clean, quiet).

Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the update. I just booked my room at the Muguet for the end of March. As always, I recieved a reply to my e-mail request within 12 hours. Other hotels have still not responded.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:37 AM

I understand the best rooms for views of the Eiffel Tower are 52, 53, 61 and 62. I've been considering this hotel as well, for our first trip to Paris in June, '04. Is it well located?
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:18 PM

Hi, as far as I understand, the hotel would not promise us an Eiffel Tower view room when I inquired. If you manage to have a guranteed view room, please do tell us how you were able to do so.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:38 PM

It is very well located about a half block from the Ecole Militaire Metro and is near about 5 bus lines. It is a block from rue Cler and close to the Eiffel Tower. The area is rife with very good and reasonable restaurants. Even if you don't get a view it is a good value--squeaky clean and just completed a renovation.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

I did request a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower when I made the reservation. but was told none was available. Didn't pursue it...was not worth it to me. So it was a wonderful surprise to get the room we did. Sorry I can't be of more help. I kind of get the impression from the staff that you're better off not making waves, Just state your preference and hope for the best. But it is a very lovely, charming hotel...not ostentatious, but comfortable and kind of feels like home....a good one!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:54 PM

That's fine but it sounds as though the guest had better not "make waves" otherwise the staff will be quite displeased.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:10 PM

We stayed at the Muguet this past June. I requested a room with a view of the Eifle Tower. I do not remember their response about my request, but we got a room with the view. I love this hotel and the area. The area is quieter than the St. Germain area, but I enjoyed walking around at night and looking into the beautiful apartments. Alas you could not see much, but enough to dream. The staff was fine.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:12 PM

About how much is it per night?
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:15 PM

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007muguet2.htm
Single 85-87 thru Triples 130-135 Euro, plus 8 Euro pp for breakfast.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:55 PM

I stayed at the Muguet twice before and it's always my first choice in Paris. Prices are very reasonable (around 80-107E I believe) and it's exceptionally clean. Rooms are typically sized and comfortable. Best of all, the beds are just fine.

The neighborhood is upscale residential, convenient to the Metro and bus lines and excellent resturants in all price ranges. After the high energy of other Parisian neighborhoods, I like to return to the slower pace of the 7th.

In terms of resturants, I recommend the Champs de Mars, and the little resturant on the opposite corner (can't recall the name). Check out Sandra Gustafson's Cheap Eats in Paris. Of course the market across the street in the Rue Cler is a wonderful alternative.

I find the staff to be professional, helpful and courteous.

If I could find the equivalent of the Muguet for my stay in Avignon, I would be thrilled.
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 06:26 PM

I'm so glad to read this. We have reservations at the Hotel Muget in August. I requested a room with a view and they replied "We will do our best to give you a room with a view".