Hotel Brighton vs. Hotel Duquesne Eiffel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are looking for a safe hotel in Paris that is located in an area where we can walk to a lot of attractions and also has good views of the Eiffel Tower. Both of these hotels are offering us rooms with balconies facing the Eiffel Tower. Which is better?
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 04:02 PM

Hotel Brighton is in the 1st arrondisement, and Duquesne Eiffel is in the 7th. So Hotel Brighton is significantly further from the Eiffel Tower, although much closer to many other attractions (like the Louvre). I think Hotel Brighton has the edge for walkability.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM

I have stayeda the Brighton during both of my visits to Paris and have been pleased because it is so centrally located.

Make sure that you request one of the renovated rooms. My first trip I had one of the older rooms and loved it, this time they put me in another older one and it was horrible. I, nicely, asked for another room and they put me in a Jr. Suite and didn't charge me the additional 63 Euros a day.

Old Aug 26th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Forgot to mention that many of the staff have been there for years. One in particular that is exceptional is Jean Luc. He's personable, remembered me and our conversations about our animals from my first visit. They have many repeat guests. Both rooms had beautiful views of the Tuileries, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, D'Orsay Museum. If you lean out the window you can even see the Arc d' triomph
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 08:14 PM

Ask the Brighton staff for a Tuileries view room and you may get one on the top floor (5th floor). I understand the Tuileries view rooms are the best here and these are renovated, spacious. The hotel is very convenient. It's across from the Louvre and closeby to walk to the grands magasins. Also closeby is the Seine.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM

Definitely the Brighton. Great area for walking and also across the street from the Tuilleries metro stop.Convenient for shopping,and touring.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:00 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel for the two weeks in February and was very pleased.
The rooms, although small (but that's been my experience at Paris 3-stars) are nicely decorated and had a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower.
The staff was very helpful and eager to please.
The breakfasts were the best of any hotel I've stayed at in five trips.
Also the hotel was close to 3 Metro stops: Invalides, St. Francois Xavier and Segur.
Nearby was a great supermarche, plus a lovely bakery, fromagerie and wine shop.
It's also a short walk to the Saxe-Breteuil outdoor market on Thursday and Saturday.
The 7th arrondisement is a lovely, bourgeoise neighborhood and at my age, bourgeoise is good.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:13 AM

Question for jddet:
What were the bathrooms like at the Duquesne? You know, the old shower curtain/showerdoor question! Thanks.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Hi Dovima: The bathrooms had been recently updated and there is a partial shower door. The showerhead can be hand-held or stationary and it's well-lighted.
It also has one of the hotel hair dryers that have practically no power. I solved that my buying a hair dryer at the Monoprix.