Paris Hotel with a view

Oct 28th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Paris Hotel with a view

Hi all, I was just wondering if there is such a thing as a reasonably priced hotel with a view of the eiffel tower? I am prepared to pay up to 300 euros a night. I have a feeling there probably isn't any decent accommodation with a view for this amount, but I thought I would ask anyway.
Otherwise, can anyone suggest any other good hotels in any area in Paris for this amount? I like boutique, charming hotels with nice beds. I've read a lot of good comments about The Madison Hotel, but I don't think they have availability.
Oct 28th, 2007, 04:01 AM
tod

michjv - It is quite possible to get a hotel room with a "view" of Lady Eiffel - Like a side on view, a view through branches of a tree on the street, or maybe distantly between other buildings, and mostly only the top half from about the second level. Thats my experience anyway - I hope someone has better news.
Having said that,I really enjoyed the view of the Eiffel I had from my room on the 4th floor at the Hotel Duquesne ( I think there are two other floor above). She twinkled and sparkled and I loved every moment!
Friends of mine got a room in an apartment with breakfast (16eme) in Blvd. Delessert with a lovely view of the Eiffel tower.(If you look at a map it's the street leading down from Passy Metro towards the Trocadero), and a hell of a lot closer to the tower than I was. I can give you the contact if you wish.
Oct 28th, 2007, 05:19 AM

The Muguet has one or two rooms with an Eiffel tower view:

http://www.paris-hotel-muguet.com

~Liz
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:11 AM

The Hotel Duquesne-Eiffel has ET views for around $200.
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:25 AM

A lot of people mention Hotel Brighton, as well, which overlooks the Jardin de Tuileries and a further-off view of the Eiffel.

Also some rooms at Hotel les Jardins d'Eiffel in the 7th...
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:41 AM
hdm

The front room on the 3rd and 4th floors of the Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche have a view of the Eiffel Tower.
Oct 28th, 2007, 06:53 AM

My family recently stayed at Hotel Brighton. We paid for EUR345 a nite but this was due to rugby world cup. From their price list, I saw the highest rate to be EUR269 a nite for the junior suite - a king bed and a sofa bed.

You get the Louvre to your left, the Tuileries garden right in front of you and Musee d'Orsay at a distance. Further away, rooftops of Invalides and Notre Dame. To the right is the Eiffel Tower. Ask for the Tuileries View room.
Oct 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM
MaureenB

I also wanted an ET view, and found a nice one at the Hotel de la Bourdonnais. We were in the family room, #503, which had a full view of the tower, looking up the pretty tree-lined boulevard. It's a boutique-type hotel, with A/C and a lift. It's clean and charming, but bathrooms could use a face lift, would be my only negative comment. We got it through Expedia two years ago, for $225 for a quad. It was well worth it, to step out onto the tiny balconies and see the tower all lit up at night.
>-

Oct 28th, 2007, 09:14 AM
mms

We stayed at the Muguet this June and had a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower. We had two rooms, 61 and 63...one had a view of the ET and the other a view of Invalides. I don't remember which room had which, but our rate for the ET room was 180 euro. We had a king bed as well as a couch/daybed. The room itself was nice sized, as was the bathroom. When you opened the window and looked to the far right, there is a distant view of Sacre Coeur as well.
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:41 AM

The Paris Hilton is a block away and has a lovely view. We stayed there on our first visit and loved it. You must request a room with a view as they do not all have views.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Tod that would be great if you could give me that contact.

Thanks,
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:32 AM

Also, there's:
Hôtel de Londres Eiffel***
http://hotel-paris-londres-eiffel.com/eng/index.html

Double room with an Eiffel Tower room goes for 180-190 euro a night.

Less expensive are these two (not boutique hotels, but I'm mentioning in case someone else comes across this thread):
Hôtel Eiffel Rive Gauche**
Hôtel Eiffel Villa Garibaldi**
http://www.hotel-eiffel.com/

Not sure which rooms have views of la Tour, though.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:14 AM

Wherever you go, be sure you ask about which rooms have a direct view, not just a view you get by leaning out the window and looking left or right!

When I booked the Duquesne Eiffel, I specified that I wanted to see the Eiffel Tower from my bed! I did get that, but only after moving the bed over. Once I did that, the view was spectacular and I lay there every night watching it sparkle as I went to sleep. This was in the appropriately named 'Tour Eiffel' room. The Duquesne was also a beautiful hotel.

Does the Muguet have direct views like I described?
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM

Re: The Muguet view:

We stayed in the room with the Invalides view, which I believe is similar to the Eiffel Tower view on the other side. These rooms are on the top floor, and the windows are sort of a skylight on a 45 degree wall (I think I remember they opened for ventilation), so standing in the room, you could easily see the dome.

~Liz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
mms

The rooms we had at the Muguet...the Invalides room had a dormer style window, but the room with the Eiffel Tower view had regular, pretty large, windows that opened up and it was a full view of DF. You did not have to crane your head or anything...just a fantastic view of the whole thing!
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM

I wish I was there now!!!
Nov 11th, 2007, 07:06 AM
tod

Hi Michjv, sorry so long in getting back to you about the accommodation on Blvd.Delessert in the 16th.
Here is the contact for Frederique:

[email protected]

Tel: 093 314 520 78 24 (Home).

Just to revise -
Friends of ours stayed there and loved the beautiful apartment with antiques etc.
The room was described as large with a double/queen( en-suite) and breakfast provided.
They said they had a good view of the Eiffel Tower.
Passy village is not very touristy but there is the Musee de Vin near the Metro stop. Also notice that the Blvd.Delessert leads directly to the Trocadero which is just the best place to linger and watch the Lady sparkle!
Lets us know if you got fixed up.

Nov 11th, 2007, 09:06 AM
mms

kwren--I wish I was there right now too!