Hotel Leveque questions

Search

Hotel Leveque questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Leveque questions

Reading some great things about Hotel Leveque (Rue Cler) on this website and others. Anyone ever stay there or know of the place? It seems to have the quaintness that I am looking for, and it looks like it is in a great location.

Hotel Residence Monge and Hotel du College de France look nice as well.

Thanks,
Natalie
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:38 AM

We stayed at L'eveque a few years ago. The rooms were nice and the neighborhood was great and the staff friendly. I would not describe the hotel as quaint though. Just simple rooms with small toilet/shower room.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 06:57 AM

We stayed there last trip, based upon raves on this board. Little disappointed with room upon arrival, and mentioned it nicely to the hotel staff...they graciously put us in a 'triple' facing the front street,never charged us additional, and all was fine. we also ate in the room with market food, which did not cause any problems. Nice place and it works fine. Dispenser in lobby gives you a cup of ice one at a time. It has the smallest elevator in the world!
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 10:07 AM

It's certainly a good buy. You can pay more, certainly, and get a bigger, fancier room, but if all you're looking for in a hotel room is a convenient location, a clean and decent room and courteous staff, all at a relatively low price, this is the place. We stayed there in 2002. In planning our 2004 trip, I've been looking for a better buy, and can't find one.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 10:24 AM

That hotel is very wellknown because it is recommended by Rick Steves, so about everyone has heard of it.

I haven't stayed there, but I've never read anything about it that would let me think it was quaint. I've known folks who've stayed at the other two. Someone I know just stayed at College de France a couple months ago and said the staff were very nice, it was very cute and charming, but the room was rather small (typical for a lower-budget Parisian hotel, you can't escape that at that price point). They had never been to Paris before, either, (and maybe never abroad, not sure), so it was a positive reaction from that aspect. It's a very convenient location.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:06 PM

Here are some details on the other hotel you mentioned
COLLEGE DE FRANCE: 7 rue Thénard. Tel: 0143267836. Fax: 0146345829. Web site: http://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/ E-mail: [email protected] (29 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 91€ single; 105€ double; 132€ (rms.: #62, 64 & rooms ending in #6) triple; 164€ (rms.: #62 & 64) quad. Breakfast (7:15-10:30am) at 8€ pp can be served in the room. Visa, MC, AX, DC. English spoken (Marc), phones, cable TV w/CNN & BBC, modern hotel w/modern contemporary & identically furnished rms. w/no views, bathrooms w/hairdriers, phones w/Internet access, ceiling fans, bar, carpeted flrs., elevator only goes to the 5th flr., 6 flrs. Owned/managed by Jean Marc Taltavull. Rooms: #62