Claude Bernard Hotel in Paris, France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Claude Bernard Hotel. Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? If so please give me info on it. It looks very nice on the web site and seems to be centrally located. The rooms look very small. Am planning on going with my mother and she is very high maintainence. Will this meet her standards?
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:05 AM

We liked it in 1999. The corner rooms are quite large--did not see the others.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:12 AM

I have a friend who loves this hotel but I have never stayed there. I did visit her room and was amazed at the space but she admitted that it was a "family room" or suite. See if this option is available for you. It had two large beds and a sofa/day bed as well as a coffee table, desk and chair and wardrobe. Of course, it costs more than a standard double but would be perfect for your needs.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:27 AM
Q2

We stayed there five years ago. It was a quaint hotel in a very good location. Close to metro.
Rooms were well kept but small.
Service was good and breakfast was fine.
A good hotel for the money, but not four star.
Hope this helps
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:04 AM

The hotel does look attractive. It would be good to get some recent feedback if possible.

I read mixed comments on tripadvisor.com. I don't understand: many guests here have reported that the hotel is very nice; on tripadvisor.com, however, two recent guests had differing opinions about the hotel. One loved it and the other said the room was not maintained and so they did not bother to stay (bathroom was dirty with a thick layer of dust). I think two former guests here said that there was a musty smell, shower didn't drain well, a/c didn't work properly.

So are there some rooms that are not being maintained?
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 01:16 PM

Hello,I am also considering a stay with my family at this hotel. I have seen a number of hotels in this general area of Paris. Could anyone give me an idea if this is a good area to stay. I'm also thinking of the Hotel Grand Ecole. Could anyone offer opinions on this hotel as well. Thank you.
Anna
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:24 AM

There was a recent trip report from a guy who stayed there, although I don't think he said a whole lot about it (small but clean, I recall, great location). I forget his name, but it was a real cute story about him planning the whole trip to propose, which he did.

I haven't stayed there but also read their corner rooms are particularly large, I think, and one on the end has two balconies. they have good prices and good discounts in low periods (August and winter). It isn't a 4* hotel, so it's not surprising it isn't at that level--it's a 3*. Reasonable prices for one with AC.