Search

hotel in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in Prague

I'm going to be visiting Prague for four nights in October and am looking for a recommendation for a nice centrally located hotel that is near the attractions but quiet enough at night to sleep. I have looked on this and other sights and notice that some of the hotels don't have their own websites, but rather, have to be booked through the internet via expedia or other booking companies. Is this common for European hotels? We're looking for something upscale but not fancy, maybe a boutique hotel or a reliable chain. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:10 PM

Have you looked at the site for the Golden Well Hotel located just inside the gates of the Castle. You could also check on Trip Advisor for guest comments and some personal pictures. You can book directly with them if you want and they are very quick to respond to all questions in a very professional and friendly manner. We have booked five nights in September.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 12:20 AM

We stayed at the Adria on Wenceslas Square and were very pleased with the hotel and location.

No problem with noise and it was close to the Old Town Square.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM

Stayed here http://www.hotelmetamorphis.cz/index.php?sid=2 in 2007. Large room and great location [just off old town square].
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM

All of Europe isn't the same. It is common for hotels in Prague not to have their own websites, and common for hotels everywhere not to have one if they are not part of a chain, and relatively modest. Some do, but you can't predict. Prague has somewhat different customs, and it is much more common for hotels to align with booking agents in Prague.

I've really liked both the Maximilian and Hotel Pariz in Prague, and I think both have their own websites (I know Pariz does). They are both quiet.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM

If you are an Art Nouveau buff, I recommend the Hotel Pariz. Its in the Old Town and close to the Jewish Quarter, a tour of which is a major attraction in Prague. The hotel's rates include a fabulous buffet breakfast. We were able to secure a discount by paying in advance. www.hotel-pariz.cz
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM

I stayed at the Old Town Square hotel www.otsh.com I really liked it and even though it is right in the middle of the square, I found it very quiet. The hotel is very nice and the staff was very helpful.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Prague is large enough that there is no hotel "near the attractions" because the attractions are in different parts of the city -- Old Town Square, Wencelas Square, Mala Strana, Hradcany, etc.

We stayed at The Bishop's House, which is one of five hotels in the Stars Hotel Prague family: http://www.starshotelsprague.com/index_en.php. The two Bishop's House properties are the closest to Old Town Square of the five hotels, the rest are close to the Castle.

The Bishop's House and Bishop's House II are right across the street from each other, about 60 meters from the Charles Bridge, three blocks from Mala Strana's main square, 125 meters from Kampa Island (off the Charles Bridge stairway), 10-15 minutes walk from Old Town Square. If you're in good shape, it's also a 15-20 minute walk (uphill the whole way) to the Castle. The two Bishop's House properties are located on a quiet side street off the path of the folks trekking from the Charles Bridge to and from Old Town Square.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM

read my trip log on Prague. suggest highly staying on the hill at the Savoy
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 04:53 AM

I second the recommendation for Bishop's House. We stayed there several years ago and found it to be in a perfect location for Mala Strana and Old Town Square. The original hotel is fairly small with no lobby other than a reception desk. There is a breakfast room on the first floor with a decent breakfast. You are able to order eggs if you wish.
We booked through Travelcook.

Pat
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Here is a vote for Andel's. It is a fairly new, modern hotel and while it is away from the center, it is immediately adjacent to a point where numerous trolley lines run (there is also a metro stop across the street). The breakfast is fantastic. Great reviews on Trip Advisor led us to it.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:22 PM

We stayed at http://prague-hotel.cc/ it is LIGHT hotel in Prague.You will find a home like-style cozy atmosphere in this hotel, we liked it as we could bring our cat. Besides we had low garden breakfasts, oxygen cocktails and relaxation in massage armchairs.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:23 AM

My favorite -the Hotel Savoy on the hill. read why in my Prague trip report
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:26 AM

tt
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 05:00 AM

My favorite in old Prague is The Red Lion
http://www.hotelportals.eu/hotels-an...y-details.html
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 05:22 AM

I would stay near Old Town. Lots going on there at night and just a wonderful place to kick back and have a wonderful Kozel Black Beer!

We stayed at the Four Seasons (after the long flights, etc. we didn't want any potential hotel hassles or surprises). Four Seasons Prague was nice, but definitely not worth the price!!
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Just back from Prague. Stayed at the Marriott, and loved it. Cannot comment on the cost, since we used points. It is a three minute walk from the Municipal House.
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM

hotel savoy on the hill superb see my report on prague