Missoni Clothing

Oct 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

Missoni Clothing

Do you know of any Missoni discount outlets in Italy for women's Missoni (Collection) clothing? I buy it here in L.A., in Paris, and have also picked it up at the boutique at the Venice airport, but I want to do some serious shopping. Smiles. Thanks in advance.
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM

Missoni Sport
Via Gasparotto, 77 - 21100 Varese
ph. 0332-259111
Hours: 10/13 - 14,30/19, Mondays 15/19.

And the McArthur Glen outlet at Barberino di Mugello north of Florence:

http://www.mcarthurglen.it/barberino...cationplan.php
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:13 AM

Guenmai, I know you are a very experienced traveler, but if you haven't seen Suzy Gershman's born to shop series of books she has a number including Italy. (From Amazon for example http://www.amazon.com/Suzy-Gershmans.../dp/0764564471).

P.S. I also know from this forum that you love Paris and she also has a cute book about when she moved to Paris titled C'est la Vie. (http://tinyurl.com/ygmjek8)
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:41 AM

Guenmai, please do a report on your shopping adventures!

I love Averado Bessi tee shirts (www.averadobessi.it), if you should run across any of them during your travels, would you telling me where

ekscrunchy, you are a great resource, thanks for the links!
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, folks for the info. I don't know when I'll be in Italy.. Maybe this summer, but I'm not sure yet. I spend way more time in Paris where I've been going almost annually since the mid 70s. I was there in April (Italy,too) and then back in Paris in August and have already gotten an apartment there for spring 2010. I need to start focusing my serious shopping in the direction of Italy though as I have absolutely adored Italian designers since my elementary school days. My mom was always decked out in Jackie-O style Italian knits in the 60s.

One of my best, male, American friends, of 25 years or more, has taken early retirement at age 55, and has permanently moved to his townhouse not far from Venice to be with his Italian wife of nearly 13 years. They have been commuting back and forth to each other the whole marriage. I was their first visitor in April. So, I will be going to Italy more often now that he lives so far away. Before he was on the east coast of the U.S. and of course, I'm here in L.A. area. So, he'd zip out here to visit me on weekends sometimes when the weather got awful where he lived.

I was hoping there would be some major outlet in the vicinity of the region around Venice area.

Laurie_ann-Thanks for the info. I know the Suzi Gershman Born to Shop book. I remember when I bought the first one that came out. The shopping book that I prefer is "Where to Wear", but I don't know if there's one for Italy. There's one for Paris which I've used regularly for many for many years. Thanks again all. Happy Travels!