Hotel for One Night in Krakow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be passing through Krakow in July, arriving by train in the early afternoon and leaving the next morning by air to London. I would appreciate hotel recommendations for this one night preferably close to the main railroad station. Does anyone have experiences with the Europejski, Polonia, Pollera ? Price range 40-70 euros. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:20 PM

Hotels near Krakow's town square are all reasonably close to the railroad station, which is slightly north of the old city (a few blocks). For hotels, you may want to check www.inyourpocket.com and select the price range you prefer. You should check the Hotel Saski as well.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:29 PM

I stayed at the Polonia in Dec. 2000 and enjoyed it. However, I would not buy the breakfast ticket. The rooms are nice and is just across from the wall to enter the old city; and, also an easy walk from the train station. The staff is very nice and speak English.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:17 PM
tmh

We stayed at the Europejski in 2001 and found it very nice. It was convenient for the trains plus they were helpful in arranging a taxi for our trip to the airport. Breakfast was included with a choice from a menu.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:20 PM
tmh

I forgot to mention that the hotel is ~2 blocks from the station but faces it and is visible once out of the station. I think it was a train track that seperated the two which accounts for the 2 blocks as you had to walk a block down from the hotel to go over the pedestrian only bridge.
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM

Just recently at the Europejski and would recommend it. Didn't realize how conveinent it was until we asked for a cab to the train station. Payed about $50 US. Try travelpoland.com. They average about $10 less than the actual hotel sites.
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM

One night in Krakow. Too much baggage? Check it at train station. Do not use taxis. Carry luggage and walk about. Check various hotels. Many are very convienient to train station. I recommend Saski. Choice of rooms...standard to deluxe. Ask anyone where is SASKI please...evening..find Mexican Restaurant..realy good food and beer...
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 03:12 PM

I stayed at the Pollera last week--the location was great, and it was a very cheap cab ride from the train station--I think we paid 15 zlotys for 4 adults and luggage--which is less than 4 bucks! Everything else is walkable from the Pollera--market square is two blocks away, and great restaurants are everywhere. My brother has stayed at the Polonia because he can walk there from the station, but I prefer to be able to walk easily from my hotel door to everywhere else, and with such a short time, I would think that you want to enjoy the city as much as you can.