Search

Krakow hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krakow hotels

We will be staying in Krakow for several days in early April. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? We want something reasonably priced, safe, comfortable and in a good location. Preferably with helpful staff too.

Thanks
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:49 AM

i stayed 5 nights at hotel polonia, across from the train station on one side, and a lovely park that we crossed to go to old town .
good location.

we chose this hotel after seeing about 8, found by a polish friend. he was afraid to choose for us, so after a 7 hour train ride from vienna, we were driven around, went up and down checking out moderately priced rooms, and ended up across the street where we had started!!

we had no meals there and i will advise you that you can barter a bit with the polish if it is not high season.

we were able to secure a very good rate.

first asked for one night, then offered them an amount for 5 nights.
worked out well for us.

the rooms are large, very old world, modern bathroom, high ceilings.

i would go back.

the dining room was always darkened,and we really wanted to try different places, so we even did not ask for breakfast included.

but the staff were charming, although their english was very limited. but that made it more fun for us.

i adore krakow and had great food everywhere.

http://www.hotel-polonia.com.pl/
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:24 AM

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:53 PM

My personal favorites are Hotel Saski and Hotel Pollera, but whatever you choose, make sure that you are within the city walls (or the greenbelt Planty). The only drawbacks are that Pollera does not have hair dryers and Saski can be loud on summer weekends. Location and price couldn't be better. have fun in Krakow!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 12:18 AM

it isnot necessary to be in the city walls. the polonia is a short walk across a green park, past an historic theater to the city walls. not a problem with that particular hotel.

plus, there was a nice residential street market two blocks behind the hotel which we found very interesting and not expensive.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 02:47 AM

Hi Kimber,
I have booked the Trecius Guest house which was recommended by someone else on Foders www.trecius.krakow.pl It is in the old town, very very reasonable and all rooms are none smoking. I have corresponded with the owners by e mail and they have been very efficient and helpful.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Syl

Highly recommend the Globtroter Pension for excellent price, location, hospitality & cleanliness. We were there in October,2005. Enjoy.