Krakow accommodation

Search

Krakow accommodation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krakow accommodation

Have been looking at accommodation for 4 nights in a twin room in June.

Any recommendations?
Like the look of Hotel Royal
http://www.hotelewam.pl/3-Krak%C3%B3...Royal.html?l=2

or - Hotel Matejko http://www.matejkohotel.pl/eng/index.htm

or Red brick apartments - http://www.redbrick.pl/en/

Other suggestions appreciated. Locations?
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 02:09 PM

I stayed here: http://hotelwyspianski.com/ a couple of years ago. It is right outside the old city wall and a 5 minute walk to the central square. Soviet era building on the outside but very nice inside. Very good price. Well worth the extra $10 for the upgraded double room. I really liked the restaurant.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM

The Matejko and Red Brick are too far from the main square for my taste - they're on the other side of the Florian Gate. The Royal isn't much closer, just in another direction. If this is your short list then I would choose the Royal based on location.

I know there are apartments on Grodzka which looked nice. I can't remember the name of them but search here under Krakow and you'll find it.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM

In 2003 we stayed at the Hotel Saski & we were very happy with it. It is located inside the old city wall, about 1/2 block from Rynek Glowny (the main square). We had a triple room, which was very spacious for the 3 of us. At the time, the price was very reasonable & included a delicious huge breakfast, which consisted of your typical continental breakfast items, AND you could order eggs cooked to your specifications.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your feed back.

The hotels I listed were a few that I have been looking at but not my final choices, so any suggestions most appreciated.

agedude - I looked up Hotel Wyspianski and it does look like a good option with good rates.
Kwoo - I have also looked at hotel Saski with quite a good rate
Another hotel I like is Hotel Rezydent. http://www.rezydent.krakow.pl/en/strona-glowna
It is in an excellent location. Does anyone now of this hotel?
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM

I couldn't find if they have air conditioned rooms. My concern would be the noise from the square at night if you need to have the window open. Otherwise it's in a great location.
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

Hmmm I don't think they have air conditioned rooms. Not that I can see in reading about the hotel. Maybe someone else will know.
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 04:54 AM

we stayed at the saski last year. great location. the room we had was the one featured on the head of their web page www.hotelsaski.com.pl i think it was room 131 but not sure. Extraordinary room, large double door (10ft high) into lobby with fridge, mineral water supplied free everyday. Hotel is like a step back in time, from the porter that takes your case to your room, to the wrought iron lift, to the helpfulness of the staff. The only thing with the room was the view onto the roof next door!!! but apart from that great value. Krakow has any number of good restaurants. Just sit in the square with a cold beer and watch the world go by. You can go round the castle grounds free, just need tickets for room.
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks mrgrumpy, Hotel Saski does sound very nice. Still looking at options, so all imput appreciated. It is quite busy there in June as Euro 2012 is on in Poland.

Thanks also for the extra tips too.