Krakow Hotel Advice.

Feb 21st, 2005, 07:21 AM
CCF
Original Poster

Krakow Hotel Advice.

Hi,
We will be in Krakow in March. Arriving very early from overnight train. Any hotel suggestions?I looked into the Copernicus which looks lovely but pricey.
Thanks!
Cathie
Feb 21st, 2005, 09:29 AM

I loved the hotel Pod Roza in Krakow. It's a lovely 4* hotel with a very convenient location, and not nearly as expensive as Copernicus.
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:47 PM

i stayed at hotel polonia for 5 nights and was very happy with newly remodelled bathroom, and tall old ceilings, although the decoration was a bit roccoco.. and their website is ANCIENT.
it was very traditional, but a decent price.. right across the street from train station. we visited 8 hotels with polish friend before going back to whre we started and staying here.

the staff was very elderly, and very helpful. i would defintiely stay there again if rates were good.
can not be more convenient if you are arriving or leaving by train.

public transport also at door. walk across a small park to old section.ope air market a few blocks away..

enjoy krakow.

Feb 21st, 2005, 04:21 PM

Another suggestion, Hotel Pollera. Will be there next month . Location is great, price is right. Recommended by a native who checked it out for me. Family run.
www.pollera.com.pl
Feb 21st, 2005, 04:27 PM

We stayed in Krakow for 3 nights in July 2004. If you are on a budget, want convenience and airconditioning then the Campanile might suit. Its not charismatic but it is comfortable, quiet and it is a short walk through the Planty to the station. It is in the old town not far from the Cathedral.
Feb 21st, 2005, 04:43 PM

Yet another option is Hotel Wentzl. It is in a centuries old building with high ceilings, a/c, double windows for sound proofing and modern bathrooms (but no elevator), located directly on the Rynek Glowny, the main square in Old Town. All rooms provide views of the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church.
Feb 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
tmh

We stayed at Hotel Europejski. It is across the street from the RR stn. (Actually, come out, turn left and walk over the train tack bridge and it's less than 2 blocks. You can see it form the stn.) Very good rates. According to travelpoland.com, a random 5 days in March were either $62USD or $81USD. (I didn't drill down to see what the difference was.

Since we used Krakow as our base for a 2 day trip to Zakopane and day trips to Auschwitz, Czestochowa (Black Madonnna), the SAlt Mines and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska for the Easter Passion PLay, the easy access to public transportation (and 2 blockstroll to the Square) was ideal for us.
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:18 AM
CCF
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now to decide!
CCF
Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:09 PM

One more hotel suggestion. 2 years ago we stayed at the Hotel Jan. Its on the main pedistrian street leading into the main town square, about half a block. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with a livingroom, giant bathroom and kitchenette for about $100.00usd. I had hired a private guide and he was very impressed with the place. They served a great breakfast and had smaller rooms available. Check it out.