Hotel Danieli Question

Oct 6th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Danieli Question

We will be staying here in a grand deluxe room. We specified that we wanted to be placed in the actual palace portion of the hotel and not the modern annex beside it. I am interested to hear from others who may have stayed in this designation of room (this is an inner view room).
I ask because we have heard that registration with the Danieli is often very difficult and a bait and switch situation where they try to lead you to a poor room for a high price,
Any information would be great! Thanks everyone!!!
Oct 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM

Well, good luck, sneep! I thought only princes and princesses, movie star divos and divas got the best suites at the Danieli-it seems to me that a bait and switch would be quite likely, assuming you don't fall into one of the above categories!
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM

The clues to getting the right rooms at the Danieli (or any other upscale hotel in Venice)

Arrive by water taxi to the private dock

Be dressed properly

Do NOT touch your own luggage (except purse or jewelry/computer case)

Be polite but reserved with desk staff (they're professionals doing a job - not your best friend)

Have your confirmation in writing

Do NOT offer a gratuity

If they try to pawn you off with the wrong room (we had no problem) be firm but polite - continuously - until you get what you paid for
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

No a celebrity and I will be leaving my crown at home so I guess its the annex for me!
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:06 AM
ira

Hi S,

>We specified that we wanted to be placed in the actual palace portion of the hotel and not the modern annex..

Are there any hotels that guarantee which room you get, unless you are a regular visitor?

>...the Danieli is often very difficult and a bait and switch situation ...

And you are still willing to stay there those prices?

Oct 6th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Make sure you go to the bar on the patio for a late afternoon cocktail. Absolutely beautiful view/experience for the price of a drink. Enjoy!
Oct 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Princesses don't stay at Danieli; they stay at Cipriani.
Oct 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM

But there may be a queen or two at the Danieli.
Oct 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM

If you've paid the price for the main part of the building that's what you should get - not the annex. If you're paid for the annes - you'll end up there.
Oct 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Uh, NYTrav-I think that's the point Sneep is making-it doesn't always work that way at the Danieli-you can pay for more, and get less-like the annex.
Oct 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM

If you don't already have one get a get a gold Starwood membership card. You can get one for free when you have a platinum AMEX card, it's one of the perks.

We stayed there a few years ago in the original building and had connecting rooms in the historic building, the rooms were very large and our windows were over the canal. One of the nicest places we've ever stayed at.
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Heads Up - a couple who stayed there ended up paying 75e for a bacon and egg breakfast. They didn't want the standard so ordered above. Its posted on the cruise critic list. 75e at the time was about $103.00
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Anybody who pays that kind of money for bacon and eggs is an idiot and I don't care if the plate is made of gold. That is insane!