Hotel Clement Paris

Search

Hotel Clement Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Clement Paris

I was trying to book a room at the Hotel Clement and their internet rate rooms were all taken but they offered me a room described as a "double attic streetside room". Has anyone stayed in an attic room and is there an elevator or is it walkup?? Thanks
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 04:39 AM

I see in their internet site that the hotel has a lift.

There are standard rooms and twin rooms courtyard. So I suppose that all what they call "standard rooms" are streetside. In the description of the hotel is specified that the location is on a very quiet street, but the best thing you can do is to write them and ask.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 04:53 AM

Phone rates are cheap... call them and ask or you risk that room being gone too!
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I did email them. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed in a attic room there and if it was ok.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM

You didn't say for what peiod you're looking for a room. I'm looking for one at the beginning of Novemeber and am finding exactly the same situation as you found at EVERY hotel I research ! I am wondering if this is some sort of scam advertising low rates but when you go to book nothing at that price is available.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

I am going in September which I know is a busy month. It wouldn't seem like November would be as bad.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 09:05 AM

I suspect one hasn't looked that far if every hotel one tries to book for November says they don't have rooms left. The whole point of marketing with special rates is to get the hotel filled, and as for planes and other situations, you don't offer the same deals if the place is about full, nor do you offer it on rooms you never have trouble filling. Besides, every hotel in Paris couldn't be in cahoots together, that would be impossible (and pointless, anyway). I bet you are only looking at a few very wellknown hotels for tourists if that is true. Meaning ones you see mentioned repeatedly on here or something. For example, I like hotels in the group Esprit de France (www.espritdefrance.com) and I just checked and they do have rooms in the hotel I like at a discount in early November. I know it is a discount because I know their regular rates as I checked for September.

AS for the Clement, haven't stayed there, attic rooms sometimes don't have the lift to that floor (sometimes you may have to walk from the floor below), but it should say that or you can check. No street in that area is quiet as far as I'm concerned, there are people down in the streets a lot all the time (and I have been by the Clement enough).

But ultimately, you have to ask the hotel about the elevator. I prefer rooms on top floors as they are quieter from the street noise. Only problem may be waiting for elevators but that isn't too big a deal for me.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Yes, I already looked at the Esprit de France group, and although they list good internet rates for my dates, when you go to actually book a room, nothing is available. Having lived in Paris for three years, I am familiar with hotels that are on no one's list and still haven't found suitable accomodations. Onward. Just need to buy more and more time on this iPad. I prefer staying in a hotel but at this point am thinking about an apt.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM

I have stayed at Hotel Le Clement. Unless they have installed a new lift in recent years, the lift is just big enought to fit one person and maybe a suitcase. We found walking the stairs to the third floor quicker. Our room was on the streetside room. I did not find it very noisey at all. Yes you can hear the delivery trucks and people starting to move around in the morning if you have the window open but nothing that was so crazy that it woke us up after the first day. We really enjoyed our stay there. Great location.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM

We have stayed at a hotel like Christina describes: the (1 person) lift went to the fourth floor, the top floor was a stair. But we had incredible views over the rooftops.

1 person (plus bag) lifts are more common in hotels and apartment buildings than not.