Reload this Page >

Romantic hotels in Paris ????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Mac

Wow! I just found out I'm going to Paris for 4 days in early July. I'm going to bring my wife with me...and she's never been. <BR><BR>Any suggestions on moderately priced (and romantic!!) hotels in good locations (don't want to spend more than $160 per night) Would love a room with a terrace/balcony.<BR><BR>thanks!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:11 PM
xxx

Mac, I'm glad that you'll be able to go to Paris at the spur of the moment-sort of. But I am not sure exactly why you haven't gotten any responses. However, I believe it may be caused by your budget restriction. It is not easy to find a romantic room (i.e. one with a terrace/balcony) and convenient hotel at a moderate rate in Paris. Really it is not easy! And you are going in one month! <BR><BR>First of all, you need to understand that Paris is a very in demand city. Rooms in romantic hotels cost 200+ Euros for the type of room you desire. Next is timing. Many people book their hotel rooms months in advance. The most popular hotels get booked up 6 months in advance at least. For example, I tried to book with Hotel de l'Abbaye for October and the hotel is booked solid already.<BR><BR>So unless you can increase your budget or lower your expectations then it'll be tough to find the room you're looking for in Paris for July.<BR><BR>Bonne chance!<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Lianne

Hi Mac<BR><BR>You can get a room with a terrace facing a garden but hotel is modern. Hotel de Noailles has a website, check it out at www.hoteldenoailles.com I'm considering booking it but can't get any feedback from people who have actually stayed there. The hotel informs me that the room with terrace is about 12sqm and the superior room (facing garden) is about 15sqm. Size is for room only, not including bathroom.<BR>Rates range from 155 to 180 Euros.<BR><BR>I hope this helps. If you decide to stay here, would appreciate your posting feedback. Have a great time in Paris.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:10 AM
elaine

Hi Mac<BR>I think there are plenty of romantic small-ish rooms within your price range, some even with balconies. Many of th The problem is going to be availability on such short notice.<BR><BR>If you do a search here on Paris hotel you will find many suggestions, but I'll list a few here. Haven't stayed at them, just have heard and read consistently good things. If you like you could search on each of these hotels here by name. If air conditioning is important to you, please don't assume that each of these hotels has it in all or any rooms; ask.<BR><BR>Hotel Britannique<BR>www.hotel-britannique.fr<BR><BR>Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais<BR>www.carondebeaumarchais.com<BR><BR >Hotel Danube<BR>www.pariserve.tm.fr/hotel/danube/<BR><BR>Hotel le Tourville (has a/c but prices are higher)<BR>http://travel.yahoo.com/t/destinations/europe/france/paris/98700.html<BR><BR>Hotel de l' Abbaye has a/c<BR>http://www.abbaye-paris-hotel.com/us/page8.html<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:37 AM
Fun

Mac - sounds like a great opportunity. We stayed at Hotel le Tourville and thought it was great (charming European hotel, close to Metro, helpful service, wonderful little terrace). <BR><BR>One caveat, I've heard others complain the terraces are dark, in the back, overlooking people's laundry. It's true that they are on the backside of the hotel (quieter in our minds) and overlook the backs of other buildings. It also is true that the terrace was pretty large (held a table and chairs) and was landscaped with ivy. We really enjoyed sitting out with wine, bread and cheese around 5 to tide us over until dinner at 9. There is one room below ground level that has a "terrace". That is definitely one I would avoid. We were one floor up from the entry level.<BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:38 AM
Catherine

Hi Mac,<BR>I just looked at Frommers website, they have a list of affordable hotels. This one may be of interest to you as it says the top floor rooms have terrraces. Worth a look anyway.<BR><BR>REGENT'S H&ocirc;tel<BR>44 rue Madame, 6th arr., St. Germain, tel. 011-33/45-48-02-81, fax 011-33/1-45-44-85-73, www.france-hotelguide.com. M&eacute;tro: St-Sulpice. 34 rooms, all with private bath. Doubles ?80-?85 ($72-$76), breakfast ?7 ($6.25).<BR>Hiding out in the tony neighborhood of St-Germain amongst designer boutiques and stylish hair salons, this smart hotel dishes up high-quality comfort at impressively low prices. An elegant country theme pervades--rooms have plush blue carpets, carved wood headboards, and fluffy yellow bedspreads. Many have flowers in the window boxes, and those on the top floor have little terraces. Several face a pretty courtyard where breakfast is served in nice weather. The bathrooms have that just-unwrapped look, complete with hair-dryers and "old-fashioned" sinks. Easy strolls include the gorgeous Jardin du Luxembourg and the Place St-Sulpice, an excellent spot for caf&eacute;-squatting and watching the world go by.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:40 PM
Sherri Kardell

I stayed ayt the hotel d' angleterre; the last time I was in Paris and was very pleased they have a great staff very coutious and helpful; which is sometimes rare in Paris. I 'm not sure if it's in your price range; but it would be worth a look. Get a room on the top floor if you can. I think I saw this hotel on parisby.com<BR>Good luck... Sherri

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
Christina

I think it's just that not as many people post here on weekends (as to why no reaponses). Also, that exact question has been asked quite a few times -- several within the past year. So, there are lots of answers on here and they should be easy to find as that's a fairly unique request to find -- try searching with the word "balcony" and clicking on France as the country. I've made several suggestions in other threads, -- the Hotel MAdison on bd St-Germain is one suggestion (balconies). I'm not sure they have balconies you can go sit out on or just those very small ones. The Claude Bernard in the 5th arr. has at least one big corner room with a balcony and that is in your budget (I think it may even have two balconies) and romantic enough, I'd say. It ought to be easier to find a room in July than some other months, actually (like Sept.).