Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which Paris Hotel - Hotel Therese or Pavillon de Paris?

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 02:20 AM
mesia

I really appreciate your feedback on this. This is our (mine and my husband's) first time to Europe and so far narrowed it down to 2 hotels for our stay in Paris.

I've read good reviews on Hotel Therese and Pavillon de Paris, which seem to meet our general comfort zones. Hotel Therese offers rates E164 for their superior room and E210 for their double. I'm not sure if the superior room quality is less than Pavillon's standard room at E195. Does anyone have any feedback with the pros and cons on each of the hotels' location, quality, places to eat, and transportation access? Are there better hotels (no more than E210) that I'm missing out on?

I'm hoping to choose something that my husband will be so happy with, so that it will convince him to come back to Europe (he thinks taking tropical island vacations is always better).

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM
mesia

Also Hotel Therese seems to be located in the 1st and Pavillon in the 8th or 9th. Any difference between these areas? Is the right bank neccesarily the better side for a first timer?

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't comment on hotels in general, but I liked Therese when I stayed there in 2002. I think that it was just remodeled and it was cheaper. I'm not sure if I'd pay 164/210 euros to stay there.

Did you try Utell.com to check what the rate is there?

The location is excellent. If I remember right, you're steps away from the Pyramides Metro stop on the 4 and 7 lines.

Also do a search for Therese in this forum as the hotel has come up before in prior threads.

I can't comment on your other choice, but the 9e arrondissement will generally not be as convenient or as posh as the 1er arrondissement.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 01:03 PM
mesia

thanks for your feedback 111op. which room did you stay in? is there a real difference from superior and double? i did my research and it looks like the double makes a difference.

those were the best rates i could find for hotel therese. i'm planning on going in september, so i assume that the hotel rates are at their peak. the pavillon de paris (www.pavillonparis.com/us) seems a little nicer even with the standard room, so that's why i was considering it. i prefer not to pay 210 euroes for therese's double room, though it looks like therese will be better overall for the convenient location. THANKS!

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Hi mesia, I'm afraid that I don't remember which room I stayed in. All I remember is that the room was very small (can't give you exact dimensions either), but that's a standard complaint for Paris hotels.

I don't know the difference between the two categories either. I booked my room via Utell, and I'm pretty sure that I booked the cheapest room at Therese available.

Hotel amenities usually are not that important to me, but the location is very important, and I was very happy with Therese's location.

If you look at the threads I've contributed, you'll see that my personal standard Paris hotel choice is now the Tiquetonne, which is a no-frills hotel with a double at 50 euros a night. Their double, by the way, is (much?) larger than what I had at Therese. And I also love Tiquetonne's location. But it's strictly no-frills and I don't think that you'll want to stay there.

There're some posters here that really care about their Paris hotels. Perhaps they'll chime in. Sorry that I can't be much help.
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 05:44 AM

ttt -- maybe others will chime in.