Hotel Amadeus (Seville) - Room Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have settled on the Hotel Amadeus for 3 nights of our honeymoon in September. We were originally looking at Las Casa del Rey de Baeza, but it's gotten some mixed reviews (contstruction)and it's more expensive. Seems like Amadeus would be more "bang for our buck."

So, I emailed them to find out about availability, and they said they have room 103E in the hotel, and 103E and 125E in La Musica de Seville.

I've read the rooms here are hit or miss, so how do I make sure these are not ground floor rooms. Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms?

Input is greatly appreciated, I want to get this just right for our honeymoon! I would open to other hotels too.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Do not stay on the ground floor rooms in the main hotel. I did and it is one of many reasons I won't return to the Amadeus. (Doors don't block out lobby noise and smells, music in lobby runs until after 11pm, staff is up early setting up breakfast, early check-outs are noisy). Other than requesting an upper level room, I don't know how else you can avoid it.

Honestly, I'd pay up for a different place because I think you can do better.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM

We had 3 rooms at Hotel Amadeus and we all loooooved it. We were in the Musica part and 2 in our party were on the ground floor and they were very happy there. ( They did not want to walk up the stairs).

There is a little noise at most places in Spain as it is a night kind of place,but we went to bed early and had no problem with it as it was not bad at all.

Bring ear plugs if you are a sensitive sleeper to ANY place,then you do not have to worry about sounds.

We had 2 rooms on the floor above the ground floor and were very pleased with them too and we tend to be pretty fussy. I don't remember the room numbers.

We were in the one facing the road and liked the view. We loved the breakfast on the terrace with a view and fantastic service. It is in a killer location ( most in this area are MUCH more expensive).

We found it very charming and HIGHLY recommend it. We found their raves by conde nast,rick steves, Maribel guides and trip advisor accurate and justified.

You will get a lot of bang for your buck and enjoy your stay.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM

You could always ask them if they were ground floor rooms, but I think by the number it seems they are not, but first floor. Do you know the name of those rooms? Because I might have had room 103 in the Amadeus, but I'd know by name (they name them after composers). I would never recommend a room that low in that hotel, it was very noisy. I'm sure the ground room would be worse, of course (I know it would), but the first floor was very noisy, also, and the room I had was one of the worst because it was right next to the maid's service room and they made a LOT of noise, beginning around 6 am.

Didn't they tell you the name of room 103? I don't know what the E part is. I think the room I had was the Brahms room, but I'm not sure on the number. Other rooms on the first floor weren't as bad as the one I had, I think it was the worst.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM

We stayed at Amadues in Sept & Oct. 2006. We stayed in the La Musica building. It was fantastic. We were on the top floor and our room (which was big)had a balcony overlooking the walkway in front of the hotel. It was quite. But then again, I used earplugs. Always carry them with me when travelling. Our friends stayed in the main part of Amadeus. Their room was smaller. They said it was quiet and really liked it. I think the rooms in La Musica are bigger and cost like 10-20E more a night. Very much worth it. The location is great too. Close to some good outdoor cafes and restaurants. I don't think you would disappointed.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

What about Hotel Alminar or Casa Romana? I have ready good things about Alminar...
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Ian

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
from my trip report: RM 201 - the junior suite - the Mozart - 120€

This was 2 levels up from the ground floor.

If memory serves . . . hotels often number with the grd floor being single digits . . . 2 or 3 or 8 etc, 1 floor up are the 100s, 2 up are the 200s . . .

Ian
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 08:44 AM

I did actually find my bill from the Amadeus, but upon looking at your post, I am sure those aren't room numbers you are quoting, but just prices. I thought that E thing was odd, and they are all numbers in the hundreds, etc. I saw one of my emails from them in my files, and then it hit me, that's the way they quoted room rates to me, also, they use E for euro, that's all.

So you don't have any room numbers, just price quotes. They certainly should have told you more than that, they did me (although I wrote in Spanish as I know it pretty well). They told me what kind of room it was, for example, not just the rate (eg, superior double, regular double, attic room, etc., as well as whether they looked out on the street or an interior courtyard).

So you can certainly tell them you are ready to book, if you are, but you should know more than just the price. Even their website quotes rates by room category, doesn't it? I told them explicitly that I didn't want a ground floor room, as I didn't, and that I would accept any other price category, let me know what is available for my dates -- and they did.

The website clearly states that in the Musica, for example, 103 euro is the patio double and 125 euro is the street double, etc.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM

I e mailed them in the past (in Spanish)and they were kind enough to e mail back photos with the room description. Unfortunately it was some time ago and has been inadvertently deleted. But you might try asking via e mail for the photos of the rooms by name such as Flamenco room etc and ask if it is a double or faces the street etc.

Just an idea..