Reload this Page >

Which room at Pensione Accademia has great/good view

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:06 AM
john

For those who have stayed at the Pensione Accademia in Venice, please advise.<BR><BR>I have booked the hotel for 3 nights, a standard room facing the garden/canal. Is there any particular room which is particularly good, such as more spacious, or has a good view e.g. of the canal?<BR><BR>P.S. I only booked a Standard Room, not what they (the hotel) called a Superior Room.<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:07 AM
xxx

topping

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:09 AM
xxx

Let me see if I got this right. You booked a standard room but you're asking if any rooms are nicer, more spacious, or has a better view of the canal. This is just a wild hunch but...maybe a &quot;superior&quot; room??? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:34 AM
John

Let me put this in another way: no all hotel rooms in a hotel are the same, even though you pay the same price and it is the same category of room. For example: some rooms may have obstructed view, some may be noisier. <BR><BR>So I was asking : among the standard rooms, are there any particularly nice ones so that I may ask for them in advance. I was seeking advice from people who have stayed there, in the standard rooms.<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:37 AM
Nancy

John,<BR><BR>We stayed there in Oct 2001 in a standard room. It certainly was not spacious, but it was not cramped. We had a canal view (sorry, don't remember the room number, can look for it if you like) and at that time,there was construction going on directly across the small canal.It was noisier than a garden view room would have been, but did not bother us to the point of being uncomfortable. They are/were restoring a building there. <BR><BR>The common rooms are very nice to enjoy and the garden area as well.<BR><BR>Also I remember a nice breakfast buffet, a large assortment of food.<BR><BR>So, I guess if you are looking for a spacious room, a superior room may be what you would prefer.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
gac

My recollection is that there are four &quot;standard&quot; rooms at the front of the hotel on the top floor (under the roof), facing the Grand Canal from a distance, which are desirable albeit smallish. There are also four or five &quot;superior rooms&quot; off of the main salon on the second floor (Piano Nobile in Italy) which are much larger but also much more expensive than the &quot;standard&quot; rooms. Two (or three) face the front of the hotel and three (or two) the rear garden.