Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help me find websites for hotels or B&Bs in Maastricht.

Feb 7th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

I've looked at Hotels.nl and a small B&B website which only had two choices. I realize there are probably not a whole bunch to choose from, but is there anywhere else I can look?

If anyone has recommendations for a specific hotel or B&B in Maastricht for under 80E if possible, I'd appreciate it. We need this Mar 14-20 2007 for two people (ages 17 and 19).
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Try the VVV (tourist office) Site : www.vvvmaastricht.nl, or else www.weekendhotel.nl.
I have only ever stayed just outside Maastricht, never in the city itself so can't offer any recommendations. But you will enjoy it, it is a lively university city with lots of history.
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:43 AM

I stayed at the Hotel les Charmes in Maastricht and liked it a lot. It's in an old part of town with twisting streets and cobblestones. My room looked out on an ivy-covered building that was part of the university's law school. It might be a bit above your basic budget, but give them a call.
http://www.hotellescharmes.nl/uk/index.htm
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you hetismij - I found the two websites very helpful.

Our eldest daughter is now attending Maastricht U. and will be there until June. Now I can give her some names of lodgings so she can check them out for us.

Dovima - I think the Hotel les Charmes looks really nice. I don't think I want to spend that much, but it is still a possibility.

Feb 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM

We stayed in Maastricht for a night at the Hotel LaColombe. Here's their web site:

http://www.hotellacolombe.nl/en/default.aspx

The rooms were small and quaint. The hotel is above a cafe/pub. When we were there a music festival was happening in town - live music at all the pubs, including the one at our hotel!

Breakfast, which is included, was typical Dutch (meats, cheeses, bread, juice, coffee) with a soft boiled egg. The hotel is on the Markt, with a bus stop on the other side of the square.

Hope this helps with your search. Peace, Robyn >-
Feb 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Robyn, thank you very much for your suggestion. The hotel looks great and being located above a pub sounds like what the kids would want!