HELP-HELP-HELP

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:39 AM
maxine

HELP-HELP-HELP

I am having a really hard time finding a hotel for Sep. 7, 8 & 9, 2002 for Florence. Any suggestions would help. I have just about exhausted all the hotels on this site. Can anyone suggest another site.
Also, I am feeling really stupid right now, too. I can't seem to find a key for the letters that appear at the end of each hotel description. Help me, please. I feel very frusterated.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:43 AM
jerryp

Don't know if you've tried it or not, but we stayed at a place called the Grand Cavour. It was 1/2 block from Duomo and 2 or 3 from Ponte Veccio. Great location, nice rooms, good all around experienc.

Good Luck,

jp

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:45 AM
Burta

Try the Hotel Pendini. Stayed there several years ago. Like many "hotels" in Italy, this one is just one floor of a multi-story building. The other floors may be other "hotels". It had a small but adequate bath and great service. The breakfast room overlooking the square was great. Internet access was available at the front desk for guests.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:45 AM
Sue

I suppose you've tried Hotel Bellettini; how about the Hotel Pitti Palace--it's right at end of Ponte Vecchio--great location and nice hotel.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:47 AM
Red

Try travelocity.com and go to the UK site: www.travelocity.co.uk

I found 12 hotels in Florence that can take your reservation.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:51 AM
Marj

When you say 'on this site', do you mean on the fodors hotel lists or hotel references you've found on this board. There are many hotels mentioned in posts that fodors does not have on their lists. You can do a text search here on "florence hotels", and you should also check out your local library or book store travel sections for Italy tour books with hotel listings. There's a book called something like 'small and charming hotels in Italy' that has some nice sounding listings. You can also check frommers.com, ricksteves.com, venere.com (or .it) and other travel/reservation sites.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Tess

Have you tried ...

http://www.florencehotelsnetwork.com/
http://www.allflorencehotels.com/
http://florence.italy.allwebhotels.com/

For example in the website directly above, I found availability at the "Paris Hotel" for your time period at 196 euros per night. You may be able to do get a better rate if you contact them directly. I often use these type of websites to research many hotels in a city and then check to see what the hotel itself will offer.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Tess

A slightly better deal is available at Morandi alla Crocetta (it's a hotel that I've seen positive comments on this site). Three nights cost 540 euros (180 per night).

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:49 AM
Natalie

Hi Maxine,

On our website I found the following hotels available for the dates you mentioned.

Hotel Ariston (2 stars)
Hotel Bologna (2 stars)
Ascot Hotel (3 stars)
Jane Hotel (3 stars)
Michaelangelo (4 stars
Hotel Roma (4 stars)
Nord Florence (4 stars)
Atlantic Palace (4 stars)
Vespucci (4 stars)

Regards.

Natalie
www.nlbtravel.co.uk

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:08 AM
Gaye

I cannot say enough good things about the "B&B In Piazza Della Signoria" (yes that's the name). Their website is www.inpiazzadellasignoria.it
It is as nice as the website shows. The owners are very helpful and kind. The rooms are large, clean and new and the breakfasts were generous. It is in a great location to walk to everything in Florence. We loved our stay there!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
Marilyn Ham

We've stayed at the Casci which is on the net and would recommend it. Ask for a room on the courtyard--not next to the street. M.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:19 AM
Judi

I stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco in June and liked it a lot.