Help narrowing down hotels in Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK! My eyes are buggy from surfing, but I'm getting there. For Florence at least.

I'm flying in from Toronto to Florence and will be staying in Florence 4 nights solo before taking off to Venice.

Opinions anyone?

Looking for comfort/accessibility as I get oriented after jet lag... will also be taking divicucina's cooking class. Both have great reviews on Trip Advisor, etc.

Il Bargello Bed and Breakfast
www.FlorenceBy.Com/bargello $90

OR

Hotel Casci www.hotelcasci.com 110E

Thanks!

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:15 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Casci in 1997, and really enjoyed our stay. The folks who ran the hotel were very nice, and served a decent breakfast (to European standards).

Our room was down the end of a narrow hallway, but turned out to be a great room at the front of the hotel with the most wonderful wooden shutters (inside) on the windows. The windows had been recently replaced and were soundproof from any street noise.

The bathroom was small, but it did have a heated towel rack, which we instantly decided we needed for our own bathroom at home (still waiting for one, though).

I would definately recommend the Hotel Casci, and would consider staying there again when in Florence. Peace.

Robyn >-
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I've heard great things about Casci... also about Il Bargello. It may come down to the price point...
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:21 AM

I can also recommend the Casci. Very pleasant and helpful owners, and a terrific location.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:15 AM

We have stayed twice at Relais Cavalanti and have been very pleased. Location is great right by the market and easy to get to everything.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:22 AM

Another vote for the Casci. Our family of four had a quad room, which was VERY spacious. The location is wonderful, very close to everything but not noisy at night. The owners were very nice, and the day we left for Venice they gave our children fruits and sodas for the trip. If we make it back to Florence, we would most definitely stay at the Casci again.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM

I just stayed at Hotel Casci from July 3rd to July 6th. I can't say enough about the location and the friendliness of the owners. Clean rooms and very, very helpful staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. the price with cash payment was 140E a night for a single room with double bed.