Hotel in Florence

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Florence

We are planning to spend one night in a hotel in Florence,to catch a flight early morning back to Altanta.
thinking about Hotel Casci. Two couples in group. any suggestions.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Suggestions about what? Dinner? Sights?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM

If you are asking about the Casci, yes it is a great hotel. We have stayed there and loved it! Recommended it to friends and they too were sold on it after their stay.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM

We have also stayed at the Casci. It is a clean, comfortable, friendly place. Don't expect any luxuries or frills, though; it is very basic.

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Casci is fabulous. Been there FIVE times, loved it more and more each time. Centrally located, quiet, small, SPOTLESSLY clean, great breakfast, wonderful host family. It is indeed far from luxurious but I personally do not look for that in my hotel room. Just check out the hundreds of fantastic reviews on tripadvisor. What more do you need?
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

We are looking for suggestions for both hotel and dinner. Hotel Casci is our first choice and that seems to be confirmed as good choice. We have a very early flight back and want a convenient place to stay.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 03:15 AM

Quattro Leoni would be my choice for dinner. It is over the Ponte Vecchio bridge so it is not terribly close to the hotel but it is definitely a doable walk for people with no trouble walking. It is reasonably priced, has great food, servers who are sweet and most speak enough English so that if your Italian is too rusty you can be understood.

http://www.4leoni.com/menu.asp

Their cheesecake is to die for and their first course called :

Fiocchetti di pere con salsa di taleggio e asparagi

is even better (it is a pasta dish with pears, asparagus and cheese)!!
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 03:32 AM

We stayed at Hotel Casci last May for 3 nights. Utilitarian but clean, well located, and good breakfasts. The staff were very helpful. The son (don't recall his name) suggested a wonderful restaurant close by (can't remember that name either) but it was one of our best meals in Florence. I'd stay there again.

carolsc
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM

My husband stayed at the http://www.johanna.it/ a few years ago and loved it. It is a bed and breakfast and looks lovely.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Hi

My wife and I went to Florence last summer. Here is my trip report with pictures and links http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm . I have also made this interactive Google map that shows where some of the attractions are located http://gardkarlsen.com/Florence_Italy_google_map.htm . Hope that you can find some useful information in the trip report

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:32 AM

So
you need a recommendation for a cot & a hot for one night in Florence(please excuse me but it is 4:25am here , I couldn't sleep & I am waxing poetic)
As to a hotel, you cannot do better than the Casci-I always tell people to check all the reviews to confirm its well-derserved rep.
For a meal, I will suggest 2 places:
if you want the best Florentine beefsteak & are willing to spend, go to Perseus-the Casci staff will make the reservation for you & even call the cab if you don't want to walk; for a cheaper but still very fine meal, go to Lo Scudo-walk down Via Cavour to the Duomo, turn left & follow the street that curves around the church-go past the Museum del Duomo & make 1st left-it is just off the corner on the right(I never can remember the street name)-it is frequented by some tourists but mostly caters to locals-it is the only place we ate in twice during our 21 day stay in Italy. Good Luck
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Has anybody had this experience with Hotel Casci. I made reservations on their web site and haven't gotten a response in 24 hours, is this typical. Also e-mailed them separatly and still no response. Maybe this is normal.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM

BFTBeau:

I made an e-mail reservation for May at Hotel Casci this morning via their reservation request link and haven’t heard anything yet. Hope that was the right way to go. Keep us posted on your experience, and I’ll let you know how I make out.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for reply, will let you know when I hear back. Glad to know I'm not the only one, Our reservations are for October, but still anxious to hear back. I have heard so much good stuff about Casci.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM

E-mail connections and internet sites in Italy are not what we are used to in the USA. VERY often, especially in stormy weather, the connection goes out, they do not fix it within an hour or so as we are used to, etc. I would not worry if you have not heard back after only 24 hours. Wait at least several days before sending another mail to ask whether they received your request.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM

typically the Casci is very very prompt to reply to emails. So, I would check again. As someone has mentioned, sometimes the internet connections in Italy can be slow at times for certain reasons.
The staff at the Casci is also very helpful as also has been mentioned about making reservations for restaurants, museums etc. and also for logistics for summoning taxis etc.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

Wanderful.
I still have not heard from CASCI. Now it has been 48 hours.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 03:51 AM

BFTBeau:

Same here.

I e-mailed Hotel Casci again, through their e-mail link this time rather than the reservation request link, and still nothing.

I’m not going to call. That can get expensive. I’ll try the e-mail one more time, I guess. Or just move on.

Keep me posted.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Wanderful.
I did the same, the first time I e-mailed, using the link. I will keep you posted thanks.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 04:07 AM

BFTBeau:

I just e-mailed the hotel again. (I hope they don’t think I’m deranged.)

Anyway, I have to start work for the day. If you should break through, you might want to let them know there’s another supplicant out there banging on the door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -