Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Florence Hotel - Hotels Belletini or Aldini?

Aug 25th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

I think I've narrowed my decision down to either the Hotel Belletini or Aldin. Any opinions out there about which is better? We're looking for something quiet, clean, convenient, comfortable and maybe a little bit of charm (if possible!). We need a triple and they've both quoted me 160 Euros per night for mid October. Also, anybody know if they have triple rooms in the annex at Hotel Belletini? If they don't, would a triple in the main building be OK? I read mixed reviews about the main building but sounds like it still might be OK. Thanks for your help!
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:31 PM

We really liked the Bellettini annex; cannot compare it to the Aldin. If you're searching online, make sure to spell Bellettini with 2 l's and 2 t's.

Our room was beautifully furnished, marble bath was large, and the hotel is in a great location.
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Oooops.... realized after I sent it that I spelled Bellettini wrong. Did you happen to notice if they had triple rooms in the annex?
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:34 PM

I didn't see any room other than ours when I stayed there; however, from the info on the website (www.hotelbellettini.com), it seems that the only triples are in the main bldg.
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:17 PM

We stayed at the Bellitini 3 years ago and loved it although the rate was in lira but with the conversion was under 100.00 usd (about 88.00) if I remember. we didnt stay in Annex but had a nice room on 2nd floor and the breakfast was really wondrful--cappacino, cheeses cereal yogurt meats different kinds of bread and rolls. and it had a great location --I would stay here again if I went back.