Has anyone ever stayed at.....

Sep 10th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone ever stayed at.....

Hello! Just about to book some accomodation and wondering if anyone has experience with the following places :

1) Aparthotel Silver in Barcelona
2) Hotel Modern du Temple in Paris
3) Hotel Denevers in Paris

Are they in convenient, safe locations? How were the rooms etc?

Appreciate any comments
Sep 10th, 2003, 07:33 AM

Some helpful advice. "Has anyone ever stayed at....." will not get you the best responses. it just sort of leaves us hanging - you could be asking abouth anywhere.

In order for someone who has actually stayed at these 3 places to answer, they will need to see the names in the title. Try something like "info needed re Aparthotel Silver in Barcelona and Hotel Modern du Temple and Hotel Denevers in Paris"
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Janis
Sep 10th, 2003, 06:42 PM

I don't think you need to put three hotel names in a thread title for someone to read it. I agree your title is vague, but I think most folks who know something about Paris or are interested read thread titles that say something about needing Paris hotel advice.

I think you may have spelled the names wrong. I believe one is Hotel Moderne du Temple and perhaps you mean Hotel de Nevers for the other? If so, there are two of them -- one pretty nice in the 7th near rue du Bac, the other not so nice near Oberkampf metro. The Moderne is not in any area I would recommend, in general, to the NE of Republique metro near Goncourt metro stop. I can't say about the rooms as I don't know -- just hearsay that the cheap Nevers is not very nice. Don't know anyone who's stayed at Moderne. The Nevers near Oberkampf is a better location -- a little urban gritty but okay, lots of clubs, cafes, bars, young people, music shops, etc., and closer in than the Goncourt metro. I wouldn't stay there, it's too far out and not so convenient. I don't know the area around that metro stop so well (what I've heard is not enthusiastic), but think there are many better options even at that very cheap rate.
Sep 10th, 2003, 06:43 PM

that may be a little confusing, I meant I wouldn't stay at the Goncourt metro location (Moderne).