Reload this Page >

grand hotel Jeanne D' arc Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Michael

Has anyone stayed there?<BR> Any information about this hotel and location would be welcome.<BR> Thanks,<BR> mike

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Lesli

Michael -<BR><BR>I've tried to book there a couple of times, and never been able to get a room. It's discussed favorably here a lot, but since the search function doesn't like punctuation marks, you'll have to put &quot;jean d arc and paris&quot; in the search box to find any threads.<BR><BR>The location in the Marais is great; you should be able to walk just about everywhere (assuming you like to walk!)

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:29 PM
moke

thanks for your reply.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Linda

There is a thread on this hotel under <BR><BR>Grand hotel Jeanne D' Arc, Paris<BR><BR>I tried to cut and paste a direct link but just couldn't make it work this morning. We stayed there in early December and liked it. I didn't think it was as terrific as some people have described, but for the price and location we certainly couldn't beat it and would stay there again. Good luck and have a great trip!

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Linda

Also, this was my review from our December stay. <BR><BR>Message: We just stayed at the Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc last week for two nights.<BR><BR>We really liked the area as it was interesting to walk around, close to the St. Paul Metro station, lots of bakeries and restaurants, and not as busy as the Latin Quarter. <BR><BR>The hotel was good for the price ($73/night including taxes for a double) and I would stay there again, but there were a few things that didn't impress me. We had asked for two twin rooms and ended up with two doubles. The beds were very small doubles and it would have been very squashed had they not had a much bigger triple where three from our group stayed and I kept one of the smaller rooms. I was on the second floor where the room never quite got warm enough for me (it was just above freezing outside) and my sisters were on the 5th floor where they roasted unless they opened both windows. My only other complaint was that the pillows had definitely seen better days and were about 2 inches thick. Not a horrendously bad thing, but it did make it more difficult to get a get a good night's sleep. On the positive side, the bed's were comfortable, it was nice to have TV in the room and the hotel was spotlessly clean. Overall, I would recommend it as long as it wasn't during a heatwave when the windows needed to be kept open all the time (street got a little noisy at about six in the morning). Last April we stayed at the New Hotel Candide much further out and for a lot more money. That hotel was a complete dive compared to the Jeanne D'Arc.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Rick

I would go back. Neighborhood is great. Lots of places to eat from breakfast on up. Easy access to the rest of town via metro.