Hotel Concorde Saint Lazare in Paris

Jan 14th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Concorde Saint Lazare in Paris

Anyone have any experiences at this hotel?
Good, bad or otherwise...any info. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jan 14th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

No one?

I need to get this booked today (hopefully) and am reluctant since it's my first Paris trip!

Anyone out there that can help me?
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM
tpl

We stayed there a couple years ago when our regular hotel was booked. The room was one of their better ones -- very large and quiet with a good bathtub.

The area is not one I normally spend a lot of time in (we are normally on the left bank), but it was fine for a night or two, as it is close to the metro. Many people do like this location because of it's proximity to shopping. At night it got a little scuzzier than I expected, but it didn't seem dangerous. They had a good pool/snooker room as I recall.
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Here are some past comments:

Author: Pierce
Date: 12/08/2002, 10:16 am
Message: Mike, stayed in the 9th last holdiay season at the Concorde St. Lazare. Very nice hotel. The hotel is right across from Gare St. Lazare.(train station) The 9th is known for having the big shopping area, especially big dept stores. Printemps and I forget the other big one's name. The opera house is in the 9th as well. It's a good area and you can easily walk to the Champs Elysses from there. I would prefer to be more central though. I did'nt find it to be sleazy.

Author: Christine
Date: 03/23/2000, 01:51 pm
Message: I stayed at this hotel about 1 1/2 years ago. The location is excellent for shopping, Fauchon's, The Madeleine, and The Galleries Lafayette. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Louvre.
But keep in mind, it is right next to the St. Lazare station, and very crowded. The area has a very different "feel" to it than say the Left Bank.
The rooms are very comfortable, but I would ask for a room on a high floor to
avoid the street noise. The lobby is beautiful, designed by Gustav Eiffel. The breakfast buffet was very good, a full American style breakfast. Hopefully your room rate includes the full breakfast.

www.TripAdvisor.com:

Paris: Hotel Concorde Saint-Lazare: "Safe and Secure Hotel to Stay"
Date: January 4, 2004
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor User, Elizabethtown, Ky
My wife and I had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is great and the staff was very helpful. The rooms are small by american standards but large enough and very nice to make the stay. Most of the TV stations are in french so when your in your after the siteseeing it can be alittle frustrating. The locatiion is great. The metro and Train station is right in the back of the hotel so it makes it easy to get around. Make sure that your breakfast is included in the package otherwise you might be surprised. Buffet breakfast and it has everything that you might want but high priced to what your use to. If at all possible request an outside room. The view of the court yard is just a roof. The hotel is a good stay and like i said the people are great. Have a great stay. Look out for pick pockets all over paris. The Metros are the best way to get around. Have a great time and we hope to return.

Paris: Hotel Concorde Saint-Lazare: "Fantastic!"
Date: December 3, 2003
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor User, Orange County, California
What a beautiful hotel. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November and we loved it. The staff is great, the hotel is comfortable and elegant, very nice breakfast, location is great. The metro is next to the hotel so you can hop on and go anywhere. The department stores Printemps and Galerie Lafayette are across the street along with many other wonderful shops, restaurants, and cafes. The room was a double superior. We got a great discount price from expedia at $200 usd per night. We had thick cotton robes and slippers, a balcony in the bathroom and a balcony in the bedroom overlooking Rue Saint Lazare. We had very large wardrobes to hang our clothes or store in drawers and keep our suitcases. We will go back someday to this wonderful hotel and beautiful city.

and some more....