Search

granada accomodations at alhambra palace

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
granada accomodations at alhambra palace

Hi,
we want to book 2 rooms at the alhambra palace hotel for 3 nights. Cannot find this hotel on the internect unless written up as booked! I called their number in
Spain and was told that there are available room! Is this risky or has anyone booked room over the phone like this! Help and thank you....also would you do the parador or alhambra place and which is closer to the main town< thks kathy
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Internet booking sites are notoriously unreliable. It's not surprising that they would have a room when the internet says sold out.

I would, however, make my reservation by fax and make sure you get a confirmation in writing.

The parador is incoveniently up the hill from town. Besides, the odds of getting a room at the parador are so slight, that there is probably no conflict. It sells out way, way in advance.
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Neither hotel is really near the town. the parador is in the grounds of the alhambra and the AP hotel is almost immediately adjacent. they are both a quick walk - I think about 10 minutes - directly down hill to the center of the town.

If you can get rooms in the parador grab them - we tried and 9 months in advance was too late. The AP hotel is fine (NOT a palace) but a large hotel with all the basic amenities in a good location for the alhambra.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

thank you for the info. on both. We have reservations at AP and look forward to it. Any ideas on car rental from Malaga or perhaps private car with driver? Is the train a better idea? Kathy
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 10:07 AM

It depends on where else you are going and what you're doing. We had a car - but we did three weeks between Lisbon and Madrid via a circle through the south. I can;t imagine that a car and driver makes financial sense vs renting one yourself.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

thanks we were thinking of renting a car in Malaga, on to Marbella, then on to Granada three days later...How is driving and parking...do I really need an international license or would passport be enough? thanks again Kathy
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 01:28 PM

you need a driver's license, not passport, to rent car. you can drive on usa/ european license for up to 6 months in spain.