Hotel in Granada

Search

Hotel in Granada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Granada

Staying one night in Grenada. can anyone recommend a hotel convenient to the Alhambrs.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM

The Parador is practically in the grounds - but you usually need to reserve about 6 months in advance. And the Alhambra Palace is only a couple of blocks away.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM

We have stayed at both--primarily because the parador books so far in advance. Both are great choices--we have had a room overlooking the General Life and a room overlooking the city at the Alhambra. There is also a small hotel --Hotel America on the walk down to the Alhambra which looks very quaint. It was closed when we were last there but it always gets great reviews. You cant go wrong with any of the three. Jan
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Last year my husband and I stayed at Hotel Guadalupe, about a 3 minute walk from the Alhambra (as well as the bus stop for the shuttle down the hill into the city). We were too poor to stay at the Parador but we were VERY pleasantly surprised. Our room was tiny but the price was right, the location couldn't be beat, and breakfast was actually very good (and we sat at a table by a window overlooking the Alhambra grounds). Considering we spent almost no time in the room, it was perfect for us.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Hotel Plaza Nueva, on Plaza Nueva, which is at the base of the street leading up to the Alhambra. You can walk it in 20 minutes (uphill) or catch the minibus (right on plaza Nueva) for 1€. Was there two weeks ago, €85 for a very nice double. I booked through venere.com