Fodorite Advice on Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are taking our teenage (13!) granddaughter to Paris in October. My sister-in-law will also accompnay us so we need two (2) rooms. I have been there a couple times and have stayed at the Pas des Calais and Le Sainte Beauve but I would like to try others. Your input on"
>Melia Colbert Boutique Hotel
>K & K Hotel Cayre St Germain des Pres
>Hotel Prince de Conti
Your advice is much appreciated.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

C'mon Fodorites- help me! Anyone been at the Hotels listed previously?
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:23 AM

HI--I don't know those particular Paris hotels but you might get more responses if you resubmit your post w/a more specific ?--just "hotels" in the heading does not provide much info for the person looking through the posts. Good luck.
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:30 AM

Socialworker is right -- you don't even mention Paris let alone the specific hotels inn your title. "Fodorite Advice on Hotels?" could be asking anything about any hotels in all of Europe.
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:59 AM

sorry, haven't although I was looking at the K&K Cayre recently for a stay. It was too expensive for me, but I've heard a lot of good things about it (just read tripadvisor, I know others who liked it). I like that location a lot, near Bon Marche and the Lutetia, also.

As for the Conti, I think the Prince de Conde is by the same owners and around the same location (and same price) and one is supposed to be a little better than the other. I think the Conde is the nicer one, you might check it out--I might be remembering wrong.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, Socialworker. I see what you mean now that I view it.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:33 AM

oberost,

I'd like to her your opnion of the Sainte-Beuve, as we're looking at it for next september.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

My wife and I stayed there for a long weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. On side street but right around the corner from the Metro and many shops and restaurants. Room was small but very adequate- nice bathroom. Staff at desk were very nice and helpful. Nice breakfast but extra. We would go again. Check website.
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:03 AM

Underhill, we'll be at Le Sainte Beuve for a few nights in a couple of weeks. Will be glad to give you an opinion after we return.
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Oberost,
Sorry i can't be of any assistance on the hotels you mentioned, as I've never stayed there, though I thought I heard good things about Prince de Conti.

I wanted to ask what you thought about Pas de Calais? We have reservations for this hotel in July (my husband, myself and our 4 year old), and I really haven't heard much buzz about the place, so any kind of feedback would be appreciated (location, room decor, bathrooms, noise leve, charm, service). We've stayed at Hotel Verneuil and Millesime in the past, so if you need any comments on these, let me know.
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

GINKIE- My wife and I stayed at the Pas des Calais last summer and have reserved two rooms for October. Rooms were nice-not fancy but clean; bathroom-tiled with bath and hand-held shower;location- about 1/2 block off Blvd St Germaine (two famous restaurants right there) and Metro close by;noise? didn't notice any on quiet side street; service-people at desk were very accommondating;breakfast can be taken (extra charge)... any other questions let me know. Your comments on
the two hotels you have stayed at are appreciated. Have fun.
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM

Nice to hear from you again, MaisonMetz--and thanks for your evaluation of the Ste-Beuve. At the moment we're leaning toward the Madison but have rooms booked at both hotels for the time being.
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:30 PM

We stayed 6 nights at le Sainte-Beuve in May 2002 and just loved it.
The staff was wonderful - very helpful when we needed them but not interfering.
Room was very pleasant - some antiques - and great bathroom.
We had breakfast in our room on a few occasions and it was lovely - esp. the yoghurt. The location is fabulous, close to metro, St Suplice, Luxembourg Gdns and Blvd St Germaine.
The only difficulty was the AC was not yet operational (they turn it on for June - Aug only)and Paris had a few unseasonably warm days while we were there... plus I like my room cool for sleeping. And with windows wide open, the noise from the street was noticeable - even though it's on a side street - because there are restaurants, etc with deliveries in the early a.m.
But overall, a great experience and I would most definitely stay there again.