Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding a Hotel in Paris

Hi to all !

Me and my wife are planning to visit Paris
in early May for about a week.

Would appreciate your advise on good hotel/B&B's which are between 70-100 euros a night for 2 of us. we would like to stay in the 5th,6th or 7th arr.

how will the climate be ? will we require air conditioning in May,

many thanks !!
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 03:27 AM
ira

Hi adil,

>..will we require air conditioning in May?<

Where do you live?
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 03:41 AM

I can recommend the Hotel St Jacques on the rue des Ecoles in the 5th. www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005stjacques.htm
That's my favorite. But I have also stayed at and would return to the Hotel Minerve, same street but a few blocks further out. (www.hotel-paris-minerve.com/) I think those are both still in your price range.

At the lower end of your price range is the Hotel St Andre des Arts on the street of the same name in the 6th. Wonderful location. It's only a one star but it was very nice and is the only hotel in Paris I've ever stayed at with breakfast included (just bread and cofee, but still). (www.123france.com/123/en/hotel.php?id_hot=486)

And in the 7th is the Hotel du Champs de Mars (www.hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com/). You'll find lots of opinions on that hotel on this forum but I liked it alot. Hard to get reservations there due to popularity with Rick Steves readers.

I don't think any of them have air conditioning but I've never needed it in Paris, even in July.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM

Paris in May is usually very pleasant and not
hot enough to require AC. However, you will want to keep you windows open for air - so unless you're used to city noises you may want to specify a back or quiet room - or go for the AC so you can leave your windows shut.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 05:28 AM

Try the Hotel Saint Dominique in the 7th, it is really a good hotel at the Metro stop Invalides....It's a 2 star hotel very clean and in a safe area....! The hotel has been renovated recently so that's really great...And you are near Rue Clerc where there is a famous market to see...! Visit the site: www.saintdominique.com!
Concerning air conditioning, I don't think you will need it in May...In general, the weather is really nice in May in Paris but just enough ...not too hot, not too cold...One of the best period to visit Paris in my opinion...Have a good trip!!!
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 05:30 AM

Check out the Hôtel de France (www.hoteldefrance.com) in the 7th. I agree there will be no need for A/C in May in Paris.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 05:34 AM

Another suggestion is Hotel Residence Monge. They are listed on the web if you'd like more info.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 06:10 AM

Hotel St-Thomas d'Aquin at the 7th by r. St Germain de pres and near Musee d'Orsay. A clean, comfortable, quiet hotel in a quiet street. You can look it up at Venere.com.

As others have noted, AC is not necessary in Paris in May (unless you have specific requireemnt for one).