Your FAVORITE accomodation in Paris!

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your FAVORITE accomodation in Paris!

O.K., you guys, I don't know you, but I trust you! What does that say about me?! Anyway...

Tell me your favorite place to stay in Paris! Hotels and apartments alike! Please, where possible, include why you like it, where it is and a website, if you know it.

Merci beaucoup!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 10:17 AM
pj

Hotel Danube, great location, great service, reasonable rates. It is on Rue Jacob. I always stay there, PJ
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 10:57 AM

If anyone is so inclined, adding information about air conditioning or lack thereof would be very helpful.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 10:58 AM

Hotel Le Verneuil, 8 rue de Verneuil, 75007. It's a block away from the Danube. I didn't find the Danube to be so great as the previous poster. It's lacking in many amenities unlike the Verneuil: a/c, minibar, facial tissues, even soap dishes. Service wasn't friendly at all also.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 11:07 AM
pj

Hotel Du Danube does not have air conditioning. You do not need just my recommendation, just put Hotel Danube in the search box. It is a popular hotel. PJ
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM

In order of Liking to Loving..
The Lutece (rue St-Louis-en-Ille) on Ille St-Louis, small, very nice helpful staff, tiny rooms, large bathrooms, front rooms at top have Paris rooftop views. Good for a short stay..very affordable prices. Wonderful location.
The Danube. We stayed in a large double room on the courtyard, on a "half floor"..elevator stops at half floors, so we might have been on 4 1/2.(.two buildings converted into one hotel).
The staff was delightful, the room cozy but beds were not the best, bathroom had one of those very deep very short tubs. Unfortunately for us, the next door neighbors were giggly girls but they left after the weekend, making the hotel better sleep-wise. Also affordable.
The D'Angleterre. Some people really don't like this hotel, which only makes us say- that is good, more rooms for us! But someone likes it because there have been times we have had to book very far ahead to get a room..they are always full.
The location , same as the Danube, rue Jacob. Wonderful..cafes, shopping, bistros, art galleries..and that is just on rue Jacob!
We have been there enough times that the staff knows us and while they are not the warmest and most huggable people, they are very efficient and helpful..always making our reservations and taking good care of us.*on a more personal note: after Sept 11th, we received a note from the management of sympathy ( in general for all Americans)and it was signed by a few of the people that worked there*
This is the more expensive of the three hotels.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 11:39 AM

On the Left Bank, we like Le Madison, which is right across from the Eglise St.-Germain-des-Prés. The hotel is all air-conditioned.

For the right bank, the Hôtel Mansart, just off the Place Vendôme on the rue des Cappucines. Some of the rooms have a/c but not yet all.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:00 PM

My favorite, although I now rent an apartment, is Relais St. Germain. I love the huge rooms that are elegantly and comfortably furnished. Ours had a full size sofa, a nice desk, a lounge chair and ottoman, bookshelves filled with books, lots of decor. It was so much more like a well decorated home than a hotel. I also loved the location, and the little crepe stand practically outside the door for a final treat before retiring at night.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Patrick, based on my research of your previous posts, I attempted to rent this apartment. I spoke with the owner, but did not move quickly enough, and now it is gone. I am trying to have the attitude "c'est la vie," but I am truly upset with myself. I sense that the area is perfect for what we want and the price was right. So its back to the drawing board. Darn!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM
epi

My favorite is an apartment we have rented twice and will definitely return to. We have rented five apartments and this was the best. It is in the Marais, 1 1/2 blocks from the Hotel de Ville metro, has ac, twins/king bed, enormous bathroom with washer/dryer and the bedroom is quite large. The website is bienvenueaparis.com. The address is 3 Place de Bourg-Tibourg. The owners live in NC and are quite nice to deal with. The cost is about $900 of-season and $1100-1200 in season. Writing about it makes me want to return NOW.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Budget but including a restaurant air coooling system : Ibis Paris Bastille 11e and Ibis Tour Eiffel Cambronne 15e.
Situation (& good price)wiyh view on the bookstalls, the boats of the Seine and the Louvre: Hotel du Quai Vltaire.
For the first see: ibishotel.com.
For the second: www.quaivoltaire.fr
Au revoir
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:34 PM

Congratulations, epi. I always look at these apt. sites mentioned here and invariable find something I really dislike about the suggestion. This place really does look like it has it all -- an elevator, air conditioning, charming decor, large bed not against a wall, and even a wall mounted shower in the tub with a glass partition! I'm not all that crazy about the Marais, but this one is even on the "right" end for me, close to Ile St. Louis and Ile de Cite.
I'm happy with where I rent in St. Germain, but this place of yours is a little less expensive (but about half the size) and really does look nice.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, epi. I just called, but its booked. Looks lovely!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:47 PM

Epi, you started something here. That apartment looks great and the rate looks good.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 02:10 PM

Great ideas! Keep them coming!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:12 PM

hi! I absolutely love the Hotel Bretonnerie. It is charming, very french; exposed beams, gorgeous windows and bathrooms, perfect. It is on Rue de la Bretonnerie, in the 4th, I believe. No a/c, but you will want to throw the windows open anyway!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

marcymarcy - I am looking at an apartment on the same street as that hotel. Can you tell me about the immediate neighborhood? Thanks.

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:41 PM

Check out Paris Vacation Apartments. We stayed in one of the Palais Royal apts. last year and loved it. There are drawbacks to everything...this place did not have AC and the three stories were tough on the knees after a day on the town. But the location could not have been better. The service was excellent. The place was immaculate and nicely decorated. Appliances were new and functional. I am staying in a friends flat for free this year (lucky me!!), but would not hesitate to rent from PVA again.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Patrick, despite my best efforts, I can't seem to find the website for Relais St. Germain. Do you happen to have it? Thank you.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:40 PM

I don't believe Relais St. Germain has a website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -