Fast Pass in Barcelona??

Search

Fast Pass in Barcelona??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Pass in Barcelona??

I have been doing some research on our upcoming trip to Spain and are confused about the "fast pass" for the Gaudi houses. Is the pass good for any day/any time? A website called barcelona.de offers passes for 21.50 euro per person and says "skip the line". Is that "skipping the line" for both purchase and entry? Is it preferable to see both Casas, or are they redundant, and seeing one is enough? Both look interesting, but there is so very much we want to see in Barcelona!!! Can anyone help, please?
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM

I think that is only for Casa Battlo, you won't see it offered on the Pedrera website, perhaps because they sell timed tickets.

The fast pass is only 5 euro, the ticket itself costs about 21.5 euro (that is the admission ticket, not the fast pass). You can easily buy a ticket online and print it anyway, which means you skip the line to buy tickets. You don't need fast pass to do that, of course, lots of places you can buy tickets. However, there is also a line to get in, and the fast pass allows you to skip that line.

I have no idea what that website is selling as it isn't clear and they aren't saying, I don't see that they even use the term "fast pass". I'd just buy from the venue's own website unless they say they are giving you the fast pass for free. Maybe you need to call them. (21.5 euro is the price for the entry ticket alone, the fast pass costs 5 euro extra). So I think you have to ask them what they mean since they don't even say they are including the fast pass (do they? Where did you get that term from?)

It depends on your interests in Gaudi and architecture, of course there are similarities in the two buildings in style and some other features. They are not redundant in the true sense as they aren't even the same type of building (the Pedrera is an apt building). There are other Gaudi buildings in the city, also, including one near the Ramblas that isn't as expensive (Palau Guell). Now that one seems quite a bit different to me than both on p de Gracia.

If you have a lot to see, sure, I think it would make sense to pick one. Not sure which one I'd pick (Battlo or Pedrera) as they are both fascinating and beautiful. But no, I would not say one was "enough" as I've seen them all because I am especially interested in Gaudi.
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Christina. I saw mention of a "Barcelona Fast Pass" in a review on tripadvisor....person was reviewing Casa Mila, but review was from 2012 and she also mentioned purchasing it in Barcelona, not online. Then in maitaitom's trip report, he mentions having a fast pass for Casa Batllo, but had what sounded like a timed entrance to Casa Mila. I do appreciate your input re just going to one of the Casas....I think we have decided to do both, plus, of course, Sagrada Familia. Not sure if we will also go to Park Guell, but I will look into that one as well.
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 03:44 PM
kja

For Casa Batllo, I purchased a "fast pass" in advance, which allowed me to skip the (long) line of people waiting to buy tickets and just enter a very short line of people waiting to be admitted and pick up audio guides. I reserved a tour of the Pedrera for a specific time in advance. I reserved Sagrada Familia in advance (for specific times), and Park Guell (with a specific 1/2 hour slot for entering the Monument Zone), too.

For part of the rest of my time in Barcelona, I also purchased, in advance, a CityDiscovery pass that covered most public transportation within the city, admissions to some top sights, and discounts on others. What I obtained in advance was a voucher, which I exchanged at one of the city's conveniently located tourist information desks; I believe one can also purchase that pass at those desks. As I recall, this pass allowed skipping the line at any of the sites for which it provided free admission and is for a specific number of consecutive days -- you can, I believe, pick the number. Check the prices -- as I recall, they were quirky.

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 04:26 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
It was certainly worth the five euro extra per ticket to bypass the lines at Casa Battló, which were really long the day we visited. We just walked right in.

Here's the link.

https://www.casabatllo.es/en/online-tickets/

Old Aug 16th, 2015, 01:18 AM

And be sure to visit the #1 "Gaudi house", La Sagrada familia ;-) Out of this world creativity, imagination, devotion, symbolism and stamina.

I would very much recommend to take the guided tour. English speaking guide, and would most probably add immensely to the experience. I thought I knew a lot about both the church and Gaudí before visiting a couple of years ago, but the excellent guide made of course a huge difference.

Buy tickets on-line and skip the long lines: http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/

And you also see La Pedrera from the outside (just up the street from Casa Batllo). You could swear that the building is actually breathing and about to take a step onto Passeig de Gracia any minute ...
https://www.lapedrera.com/en/home
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 06:10 AM

For a different perspective, especially if you are seeing the other buildings by day, take a look at the evening tour of La Pedrera. It is limited to a very small group, they light the house in interesting ways (especially the roof-- incredible!), and ends with a glass of cava and some nibbles.
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all.....very helpful information. Maitaitom, I have been following your trip report and that's one of the places that I saw reference to the "fast pass"....sounds like it would be a good thing for us for Casa Batllo, and not needed for La Pedrera or Sagrada Familia if those are a timed entry ticket. Helpful information from all of you!!!!