Reload this Page >

Familia in Paris

Search

Familia in Paris

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:04 PM
Beth

Familia in Paris

Has anyone stayed at Familia, in the Latin Quarter, in Paris? If so, any feedback would be appreciated.

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:29 PM
Going2ParisinJune

Hi Beth. Please do a search on the forum for "Familia". There's also reviews for the hotel in the "Rants and Raves" section. I'm staying there in a few days, and I picked this hotel because of the price and the (generally) good reviews. Most people who complain say the rooms are too small. Not a big deal for me, since I'll not be in the room that much. Have fun researching and planning your trip!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:55 AM
Beth

Thanks - I, also, picked the hotel because of the Fodor's reviews and the lovely conversations I had with the owner by telephone. E Mail me and let me know how your experience was - we are staying there for 5 nights after a couple nights outside of Rouen. Have a great trip!!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
Fred

It has received very varying reviews from people who have stayed there. Here are a bunch:<BR>Hotel Familia (2 star left bank)-<BR>friendly, cheerful, convenient - not luxury or fancy <BR>good if you seek simple surroundings, comfort, friendliness and convenience <BR>our room was tiny - the manager very unaccomodating<BR>For a hospitality business, the attitude was not helpful <BR>no help from the management<BR>pleased with the value<BR>room was small<BR>would not stay here twice.<BR>rooms and hotel in itself were not too attracrive<BR>desk clerks were very friendly and helpful<BR>walls were EXTREMELY thin - heard conversations, snoring<BR>small room sweetly decorated and very clean. <BR>The service was excellent<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:06 PM
Wendy

Beth, My mom and I stayed there 2 years ago. I would definately stay there again. The rooms are small but the staff was very friendly and the location was perfect for us. We chose not to have the daily breakfast so I can't comment on that. If you have any other specific questions I'm more than happy to try to answer them.<BR><BR>Wendy

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:37 PM
rich

wonderful manager left last Oct. new desk help at that time not as knowedgeable or caring, breakfast minimal. other info accurate. next door is sister hotel Minerve. Lovely lobby & basically more attractive. was going to stay there this oct. but their prices went up to 100+.

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:08 PM
France

We were in Paris in May 2001 9it was our 6th visit) at the Hotel Minerve (Sisterhotel of familia and next door) We like the hotel and especially the "quartier" wich is near Ile de la Cit&eacute; ans near St-Germain. The first night we had a room wich was on "cour interieure" and dont like it. We asked to change and they offer to change the morning after when some rooms will available Wwe visit 3 rooms and choose one we liked better. I think all rooms are differents. Yes the rooms are small but in Paris all hotels** have small rooms. If you want pay more there is a ***hotel near Hotel Sully St-Germain wich have lovely rooms (I stayed there few years ago and love it) I think they have an internet site.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:39 PM
Natasha

We stayed there about 5 years ago now but we found it fine. Good location - we would grab breakfast (french pastries) in the nearby market each morning on our way to the sights.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:42 AM
Annette

Beth-<BR>I stayed there recently (returned last week). For a single room w/bath, incl. breakfast, I paid 69.50Euro; small room, noisy hallways; but adequate accommodations, friendly hotel staff - English speaking. It is within walking distance of the Pantheon; even the Metro is nearby.