Reload this Page >

Paris - Relais Christine

Search

Paris - Relais Christine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Dave

Paris - Relais Christine

Can anyone provide any comments/reviews on the Relais Christine Hotel in Saint Germain in Paris? My wife and I will be staying there in December. Thanks.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Fred

You'l have to judge for yourself. Gets conflicting reviews from people who have stayed there:<BR>Relais Christine (4 star left bank)<BR>I did not love its decor NOR its service - -<BR>BUT -- many people do.<BR>stayed there a couple of years ago..nothing special!!!!<BR>a first class hotel, with superior service<BR>Rooms may be a bit on the small size<BR>a wonderful, romantic hotel <BR>It is quiet, it is quaint<BR>loved the staff and service<BR>rooms were clean.<BR>charming<BR>the best<BR>Delightful hotel in a fantastic location<BR>I find the rooms spacious<BR>fine not fabulous. <BR>rooms are small.<BR>staff screwed up our day trip plans, restaurant reservations<BR>loved it.<BR>rooms are very comfortable and elegant.<BR>the room was grim! -done in brown on muddy brown. <BR>decor was depressing.<BR>it was dreamy! <BR>the room was so French<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me &ETH; [email protected]

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Kay

Great location. I walked into the courtyard and looked into the lobby, May 2000. It looked OK. I asked some guests about their stay and they indicated they loved the place. I stayed very close by at the D'Aubusson. I can definitely recommend the area. We walked everywhere and loved the neighborhood.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Robin

Can anyone give a current update on this hotel? I'd like to know if the location is quiet. I had heard of construction going on a while back. Has that been completed? It sounds like it all depends on what room you get as to whether or not you like the hotel. Do the rooms vary that greatly? I'm about to spend 500EU a night so I want to be absolutely sure that we're going to REALLY like these accommodations.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Danna

Can't help with the hotel itself, but I stayed at D'Aubbuson, right around the corner. Walked past Relais Christine (May 2002) looked quiet to me. It's a very small street, little traffic, people kind-of walking in the middle of the street. <BR><BR>500 E is a lot! You could almost stay at the Ritz, Le Bristol, etc. for that. But the location in the 6th is perfect, IMO.<BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Ursula

Stayed at the Relais Christine years ago. It's a very quiet and charming place. As for the rooms. Our was definitely small and I am saying this as a European.<BR>Now, I think it has become too expensive. You definitely pay for the location which is excellent, no doubt.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:27 AM
demi

And it is just across the street from a very nice bistro..Rotisserie d"un Face, also Espadon bleu just a few steps away

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Jan

I really think this place is a dump and can't imagine why people rave about it. We were told we stayed in one of their "best" rooms!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Robin

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I should have said in my original post that it's $500EU for a Jr. Suite and not just a regular old room. My debate is whether to stay in a Jr. Suite here or a superior room at the George V. I know it's the difference between a large hotel and a boutique hotel...(oh and there's a few other differences as well I suppose). I stayed at the St. James last time I was there and really like the uniqueness of a chateau/smaller type of hotel. I also know the left bank is more representative of true Paris so that's why I was considering the Relais Christine.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Kelly

Robin -- you can do sooo much better for 500EU! We stayed in a junior suite as well and thought it was incredibly overpriced (and dreary!). This forum has some great suggestions for other left bank boutique hotels that you might enjoy more. Just FYI, I much preferred the D'Aubusson to Relais Christine.