Early Morning Line at Eiffel Tower?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know if there's usually much of a line at the Eiffel Tower at opening time in the morning? It opens at 0930 and we start a different tour below it at 1030. We'd like to make it up and back in the hour, but wonder what time we should actually arrive there. This will be on a Saturday morning two weeks from now, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 12:37 PM

We got there on a weekday about 15-20 minutes before it opened and there were 2 lines, each about 20 people or so. We went up in the first elevator-load and probably got up there around 9:45. We spent a good deal more than 45 minutes looking around, but that's us. Leave enough time to wait for an elevator to take you down again--could take 10 minutes or so.
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 04:48 PM

Even if you have no wait at the bottom, an hour is not sufficient time to go up, look around (you'll want to spend more time that you would presume), take pictures, and get back down.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 05:47 AM

An hour was long enough for me, and I took quite few pictures.

Keith
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:49 AM

I think an hour is just right--and I really like the Eiffel Tower. Just get there early, so you will be first up--I think this would be a great time to go--just never could get my family there before afternoon when it was packed.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Everyone! We've only got 1 1/2 days to spend in Paris, so we're trying to maximize everything. We're booked for the Segway tour that day, which will take up a chunk of our time, but I just can't resist doing it. I've been to Paris before, but my niece hasn't, so I think starting off with the Tour Eiffel will be perfect.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:56 PM

Hi, I am making my first trip to London and planned on taking a day trip to Paris and was interested in finding out what type of tour you are taking after going to the Eiffel Tower. Only have one day and want to see as much as possible, any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Original Poster

Txasbandit13 - Hi! The very first thing I have to ask is, is there anyway at all you can make it at least an overnight stop in Paris? A day trip is worth it, but just that one extra night would make all the difference in what you can see.

Last year I was there and had only a day and a half again. I didn't do a tour but got a museum pass and set out on my own. I ended up being able to hit six of the places covered by the pass, and although I didn't spend a ton of time in each, I didn't feel cheated for time except maybe at the Louvre (and unless you have several days it's hard not to feel like you want more time there). In ten hours, and in this order I went to: Rodin's Museum, Invalides, the Concergerie, St. Chapelle, Notre Dame, the catacombs under Notre Dame's square, wandered the Latin Quarter and had a nice sitdown lunch, the Louvre, hot chocolate at Angelina's and then back to the hotel in the Marais to meet up with friends. Of course, my feet were bleeding stumps by the time I was done but it was one of the best days I'd ever spent on my own. We'd been to the Arc and the Eiffel Tower the night before, and then I just did a little shopping at the department stores the day after my hike and before catching the train.

The tour we're doing this time is on Segways and is kind of a novelty tour. I've wanted to do one since I first read about them starting in June and was thrilled to see them extended until the end of November. I've only read really good things about them and think it'll be fun! The website is - http://www.parissegwaytours.com/About.htm

Hope this helps! Linda

Old Nov 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM

Hey Linda,
thanks for all that info...sadly overnight in Paris is not do-able...I'm having a hard enough time dragging the love of my life to Paris..We're flying into London and will be spending more time there..but saw a day trip at Travelocity.com that looks very good and economically priced..I appreciate your thoughts though..and will check out that website
txas