Accommodation in Ennistymon?

Nov 11th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Accommodation in Ennistymon?

Hello all --

Has anyone out there ever stayed in Ennistymon? Any recommendations?

All I see listed is the Station House B&B and I'm hoping it's fairly central to the middle of the town.

Any information or pointers graciously accepted! Thanks!
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:35 PM

A very frequent visitor to Ireland the Station House has been both my first and last stop on every trip to Ireland! a home from home so to speak.
Rooms are very spacious, sparkling clean, large baths with hot water all day and night (heat as well) great breakfast. The hostess, Kathleen Cahill, is very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area and interested in her guests comfort. The large house is located just a very short walk to town. She also takes credit cards!
I think Ennistymon is an undiscovered treasure for visitors so don't tell too many people about its allure. Close to Shannon, a working town rather than a tourist town, it still provides all tourist amenities..great pubs, music ,good food...inexpensive at the Sugan Chair and very haute cuisine at O"Byrne's!
Eugene's pub is worth a stop and there is generally music at both theCooley House and Willie Daly's. The town boasts a river walk along the cascades of the Inagh River from the Main Street to the former Big House, now the Falls Hotel. Stop for tea and scones sat the hotel in a glass room overlooking the falls. they also do a great Sunday dinner.
Ennistymons about fifteen minutes from the cliffs, on the edge of the Burren for short drives and close to the sea and golf course at Lahinch.
Highly recommend both the town and the Station House!
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! What a great reply!

If you happen to read this again, is the Station House right in town? I mean, will the pubs and restaurants you mention be within walking distance?
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

I re-read your post and realized you had answered my question already... sorry about that! Thanks again!
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:30 PM

dangjackson,
If you should decide to stay in Ennistymon let us know...many more suggestions for food, drink and sights in the area!