Eiffel Tower- Specific Question on Lines

Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eiffel Tower- Specific Question on Lines

I have read a lot on this boards (and in guides) that it is best to go to the Tower either early in the morning or in the evening in order to avoid the lines. Are the lines long only to purchase tickets, or is the entire process (purchase ticket, wait to enter, wait for elevator etc...) one long line?

Specifically, I already have tickets to go to the top of the tower (from the quiz on their website) and thus do not have to wait on a line to purchase entrance tickets. Should I still expect to spend more than two hours at the Tower (weekday)? Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:19 PM

Depends on when you go (as in what time of year), but I don't think you'll have to wait more than two hours anytime. I've gone about 10 a.m. during the height of the tourist season in late June, and waited about an hour to get to the top.
Last year I went up about an hour before closing (again in June) and waited no more than a half-hour. Considering how busy the Tower is, the lines are managed very efficiently.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:22 PM

Congratulations on winning the tickets. I've won tickets too! Isn't it fun?

You should go first thing in the morning. Immediately see one of the tower guards and show your tickets. You will be let in before anyone standing in line. Take the elevator to the top and work your way down. This will avoid a lengthy wait.

If you start at the first level and work your way up you will be waiting in the elevator line at levels 1 and 2 and then will be descending along with hundreds of others and will be waiting in lines again. There are 2 separate elevators. The first elevator is for levels 1 and 2. You then take a different elevator for level 3. The tickets you won do not allow you to bypass the elevator lines once you're on the tower.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. I am going early September. I arrive around noon and planned on either going to the Tower that first day (first or at night) or early the second day.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:13 AM

If you'll get there by 7:00pm it will still be a day light, by the time you'll get up it'll be dark enought to see it lights up, so you won't have to go twice.
Yes, 1 line with choice of 1st,2nd or3rd level,I think 10Euro to highest level which one is enclosured. Allowe 2 more hours to get down and do NOT look at the guys who sells souvenirs. It is not easy to keep them off you for 2 hours you wait, but you'll manage I am sure.
Happy Traveling
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:20 AM

IT has been a number of years since I have ascended the tower.

Can you still walk down? I recall walking down one of the legs...great views and great perspective. Can you still do that?
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:42 AM

You can walk up or down to/from the second level.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:50 PM

I just got back from Paris yesterday and went to the top of the tower last Sunday. We went at around 6 PM and the line was about 20 minutes long. There were some lines at the different levels, but nothing terrible. I'd go as late in the evening as possible....even now in April, it was light until about 9:30 PM in Paris, so in the summer it will be much later.

Margy
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 02:45 PM

We were there on a week night in mid-March. We planned the trip for just before dusk so we could see the view in the light and after dark. the issue is getting down. The wait can be hot and crowded.