Search

Dutch Language Help Pls

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dutch Language Help Pls

Hello everyone,
Me and a few friends are going for a trip to amsterdam, netherlands this coming summer. On the 30th of June, we plan to head back home from Amsterdam to London by means of train and ferry - services offered by StenaLine : http://www.stenaline.nl/

I managed to buy the tickets online but however, the email i got sent to my mail was in dutch and i cant really understand the language. Im pretty sure this is not something i should be doing, but could someone please please please help translate it for me? I would be eternally grateful if any of you guys can help me. Below is the email sent back to my email :

Hartelijk dank voor uw reservering.

Stena Line maakt gebruik van e-tickets. Hierdoor ontvangt u uw bevestiging uitsluitend per e-mail.
Tevens ontvangt u van ons geen aparte boottickets meer.
U dient de bevestiging, die met deze e-mail, als een bijlage, is meegestuurd, te printen en te tonen in de vertrekhaven(s) wanneer u incheckt.

Indien U een zogenaamd Economy ticket heeft geboekt en nog niet heeft betaald, wijzen wij u erop dat het ticket automatisch zal worden geannuleerd als het te betalen bedrag niet door Stena Line is ontvangen op de bij het overmakingsadvies (te voldoen voor: ) aangegeven datum.

Als een treinreis onderdeel uitmaakt van uw boeking ontvangt u de treintickets, tot 8 dagen voor vertrek separaat per post en pas nadat de betaling door ons is ontvangen. Stena Line stuurt alleen tickets naar adressen in Nederland. Woont u niet in Nederland of boekt u voor een reis binnen 8 dagen, dan zullen de treintickets voor u klaar liggen bij het ticket en reserveringskantoor van Stena Line in Hoek van Holland.
Dit reisdocument is niet geldig voor treinreizen. Hiervoor dient u in het bezit te zijn van een geldig vervoersbiljet afgegeven door de Nederlandse Spoorwegen of Stena Line.

De bevestiging is alleen te openen en uit te printen indien u in het bezit bent van Acrobat Reader.
Een gratis exemplaar is te downloaden van de website van Adobe: http://www.adobe.nl/products/acrobat/readermain.html

Heeft u geen bijlage bij uw e-mail ontvangen? Heeft u een andere vraag? Kijk eens op de pagina 'veelgestelde vragen' van de Stena Line website.
http://www.stenaline.nl/vragen

Daar vindt u vast een antwoord. Staat uw vraag er niet bij? Dan kunt u gebruik maken van het reactieformulier. Waarbij wij u binnen 2 werkdagen terugmailen.
http://www.stenalinemedia.com/nl/contact/contact_nl.htm

Indien u nog geen volledige namenlijst heeft ingestuurd, biedt Stena Line u de mogelijkheid om zelf (eenmalig) uw namenlijst in te vullen.
Klik op de link, welke onder de Engelse tekst staat, indien u hiervan gebruik wilt maken. De link is alleen actief als Stena Line nog niet beschikt over deze namen.

Met vriendelijke groet
Stena Line BV
Afdeling Reserveringen

Can anyone please help me? I dont understand.
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Well I don;t speak Dutch but it clearly says in the last paragraph to click on the link for English version of the site. The first link is to download the Dutch version of adobe, which you don;t need. If you click on the second link and then the word "English" it will give you the entire website offering all of the Stena Line services.
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM
J62

At the top of the page is a link for "In English". Try this

http://www.stenaline.nl/en/ferry/
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:42 PM

My dutch is very rusty and I would be afraid to give you a translation...I think there are others on this board that would be better. But if no one responds, then email me at akamai100 at yahoo.com and I'll do my best.
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:55 PM
P_M

Here's a translation from worldlingo.com, but you might want to google a few other translation sites and run it through those as well.

Thank you very much for your reservation.
Stena Line use of e e-tickets. Because of this you receive your affirmative exclusively by e-mail.
Also you receive no separate boottickets more from us.
YOU serve the affirmative, which with this e-mail, if it has been sent along with print an appendix, and show in the departure port (s) when you incheckt.
If YOU so-called Economy have booked ticket and have not yet paid, you indicate we that the ticket will be cancelled automatically if it has not been received satisfy the amount to pay by Stena Line on at the overmakingsadvies (for: ) indicated date.
If a train travel determines component of your charge receives you the treintickets, up to 8 days for departure separate by mail and just after the payment has been received by us. Stena Line only send tickets to addresses in the Netherlands. You live in the Netherlands or book you for a travel 8 days, then the treintickets for you will be ready at the ticket and reservation office of Stena Line in angle of the Netherlands.
This travel document is not valid for train travel. For this you must have been delivered in the possession of a valid transport note by the Dutch track ways or Stena Line.
The affirmative is only open and from if to print you possess Acrobat Reader.
A free copy is download of the Internet site of Adobe: http://www.adobe.nl/products/acrobat/readermain.html
you have received no appendix at your e-mail? Do you have another question? Look once much-put questions of the Stena Line Internet site, on the page.
http://www.stenaline.nl/vragen
finds you fixed an answer there. Doesn't your question appear? Then you can use of the response form. Where we you within 2 working days terugmailen.
http://www.stenalinemedia.com/nl/contact/contact_nl.htm
if you have sent in complete classification still no, offers to Stena Line you the possibility himself (one-off) your of filling in classification.
Click on the link, which under the English text stands, if you want use of this. The link has been not yet had only active as Stena Line these names.
Kind regards
Stena Line Ltd
department reservations
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all, but im still very much lost.
With the package that i chosed, i am entitled to a train ticket ride from any NS station in Netherlands (including from Amsterdam) to Hoek van Holland, a ferry ride from Hoek van Holland to Harwick, and also a train ticket from Harwick to any 'National Express East Anglia' station in England. However, from the email i received shortly after i purchased the tickets, apparently, i only have the printable ferry tickets. The train tickets that are supposed to be mailed to me i think but the email said that they only send to an address in Netherlands. Can anyone please explain to me how am i suppose to get those train tickets?
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Hi azam -

Well it's saying that:

If you don't book with a Netherlands address they cannot mail the tickets to you.
"To retrieve your train tickets go to our Stena Line ticket office, before you embark."

So I guess the problem for you is how to get the train tickets that will take you from Amsterdam to Hoek van Holland (you can pick up the English train tickets at the ferry office once you get to Hoek van Holland).

They give you an email address and say that they "will answer any questions within two days" so you might give that a try.

Another option would be to call or skype them (they give several phone numbers on their "Contact" page). I assume you live in London, so don't know if calling the Netherlands from there is expensive, but using skype to call them should be very inexpensive - something like £0.01 a minute. (I use skype all the time to call over Europe and the US. You can download it for free and it takes just a few minutes.)

Anyway, most Dutch people speak excellent English, so actually talking to them might be the fastest way to clear up any confusion you have about your train tickets, etc.

Have a great trip.
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your advice. I contacted them and got all the information i needed

all i need to do now is just buy another train ticket from Amsterdam to Hoek van Holland and later, when i get there to collect my ferry and Harwick train tickets, they will reimburst my money for the previous train tickets. Thanks again everyone.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM

That is service for you!